Preemies
Options

XP: Movin' On Down! *Adalyn update 3/17*

Hello ladies!! We got some GREAT news last night! We were informed that they were going to move Adalyn from the Level 3 NICU to the Level 2!! Yay!!! Going to the step-down unit is one step closer to home!! At our hospital, the baby will go home from this unit--ie, no other nursery/step down units! :)

Feeding and Weight

Adalyn is doing really well with the cycle feeds and has only had a transient, no more than once a day, brady/desat.  So, for the time being, we'll keep her on this.  Once we start trying the bottle feeds, which will probably be in about 2 weeks or so, they will switch her back to the bolus. Yesterday she was at 1.41kg, but last night lost 10 grams and is now at 1.4kg.  She is still at 3 pounds 2 ounces.  

Breathing

She is down to 2.5L of oxygen (so close to it not being Hi-Flo) and is still needing oxygen in the low 30s.  Her favorite number seems to be 32.  The nurses will try her on 28 or 29, but she is not a fan.  They say that she can count, and they don't like babies that young to count! :)

She also has been getting these MASSIVE boogers that actually clog her ability to breathe! They say it is pretty common when babies are on the cannulas, but now instead of just automatically increasing her oxygen, if it is over 35%, they will check and have to suction her out.  They are also putting saline drops in her nose pretty often throughout the day.  When they have to suction her, they do kind of a preemie neti-pot--they squirt the saline in one nostril and use the wall suction out of the other! 

Kangaroo

She is still loving being on momma, and she got to do Kangaroo time with Dad the other day when I had a work conference call! I'm happy to report that she loved daddy's hairy chest! However, DH was so cute, because he trimmed his chest hair right before heading to the hospital. Smile 

Miscellaneous

I can't believe that she is 6 weeks old today. The last 42 days have both flown by and crept along slowly, if that makes any sense.  The more that I research about what happened to us, the more I realize what a scary and perilous situation we were in.  The fact that I had chorioamnioitis, which was confirmed, for me it is amazing that we are both doing so well, because things could've been so much worse.  I do remember them asking us if we wanted her baptized in case they needed to do the last rites.  I mean, who gets asked if they want their baby baptized right before going into the OR?  I read about preemie moms who have PTSD, and I can totally understand why that happens.  Luckily for me, I don't feel like I have any issues about that or any PPD. 

Oh, and if you can believe this, there was/is a Troll/AE on the preemie board!! Who fakes having a preemie!! A micro-preemie at that!! What kind of person does that?!?! Go to the preemie board and read about that drama.  It creeps me out.  I mean, she stole someone's preemie pic and said it was her kid.  Just so...wrong. 

Here is a pic of Adalyn with one of the booties that my mom brought for her from Spain.  I thought they were small and would sort of fit her, but look how ridiculous they are on her!!!! Smile 

IMG_9874
TTC Since July 2008.
Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
FET 1 3/2013 BFN
FET 2 5/2013 BFN
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: XP: Movin' On Down! *Adalyn update 3/17*

• Options
    She's getting big <: look at her stretching out!! haha She's close to the birth weight of my Allison!! yay!! for the Level 2 NICU. I'm hoping Adalyn continues to do wonderfully and she is closer to coming home and hoping over half way done her journey in the NICU!!
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    What a gorgeous little trooper!  Congrats on the step in the right direction...literally!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Look how big she's getting!! Great update... that is amazing that she's having so few bradys! 
    Julia ~ six miscarriages ~ our sweet miracle baby, Jack, due 5/3/12, was born at 29w1d on February 17, 2012, weighing 2 pounds 8 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Great job Adalyn! That bootie cracks me up!!
    image image image

• Options
    She is getting so big! So glad she is still doing so well. Congrats on making it to level 2, cherish every milestone! And one thing I want to say, not to scare you, but so you're prepared is I didn't feel like I was having a PTSD issue until after my DD came home from the NICU. Not saying it will happen to you but that's when things started to really get to me. Just be aware. Hopefully you don't have to deal with any of that stuff! Your little girl is a rock star and she'll be home before you know it!
    Born at 26 weeks 2 days gestation, 2 pounds 2 ounces due to IC/PTL,
    and after 82 days in the NICU, our little girl is home!
    Untitled Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image image
  • Options
    DrRxDrRx member
    imagecutcopypaste:
    She is getting so big! So glad she is still doing so well. Congrats on making it to level 2, cherish every milestone! And one thing I want to say, not to scare you, but so you're prepared is I didn't feel like I was having a PTSD issue until after my DD came home from the NICU. Not saying it will happen to you but that's when things started to really get to me. Just be aware. Hopefully you don't have to deal with any of that stuff! Your little girl is a rock star and she'll be home before you know it!
    Thanks for the advice.  I don't think that I ever thought that it could hit when she is home.  Being aware is the most important thing so that I, and DH, know if I need to seek help. 
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Glad she is doing so well.
    Jenn Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imageDrRx:
    imagecutcopypaste:
    Thanks for the advice.  I don't think that I ever thought that it could hit when she is home.  Being aware is the most important thing so that I, and DH, know if I need to seek help. 

I'm so glad she is doing well! She is adorable and growing so fast! Its great you are moving to level 2, such a big step towards home!

Like PP, my PTSD showed up months after my DD was discharged. While she was in the NICU, I was so focused on her that I didn't deal with my feelings at all. You can read my story on the preemie blog if you are interested. I really hope you don't have to deal with PTSD but if you do, we are here for you then too.

• Options

YAY!!! That is such great news. She is making such good progress and I love her weight now! every little bit helps. 

The bootie is just adorable!!!

Hope she had a wonderful first St Patricks Day! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"