Trouble TTC
Options

Injection cycle cancelled due to cyst

So I went for my baseline ultrasound today and found out that I have a residual cyst in my left ovary from the last injection cycle (doctor says that means I responded well to the hormones-yeah ok) but then said we will have to cancel this cycle for injects but I can still do IUI but with OPK. I'm a late ovulator, usually around day 19/20, with a luteal phase of 10 days in which my acupuncturist says is not good for the follicular phase to be so much longer than the luteal and that they need to be closer together and I could be having poor egg quality, so now I'm just feeling angry of the whole situation. Thanks for listening to my vent!

Re: Injection cycle cancelled due to cyst

• Options

I'm sorry, that stinks! I got the same news at my baseline ultrasound yesterday after my first round of femara 5mg. I'm trying to just take it as a sign that I need a treatment break this month:/ My Dr said I can come back on cd five to see if the cyst has resolved, but I'm not holding my breath after asking these ladies about it...

Heres to hoping this next month flies by for both of us!! 

• Options

Thanks for replying! I didn't even know that a cyst could be a possibility from the previous injection cycle so it really took me by surprise of the outcome. Mine was 1.97 cm. The doctor said it should resolve by next cycle day 1 (I'm sure hoping so).

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    i had the same thing happen last cycle and it's really frustrating.  if you are willing to 'really' skip a cycle,  bcp's can help shrink the cyst if it's huge.     while it's annoying to wait , it is a bit of a relief to be hormone free for a month. =) 

• Options
    I'm sorry it's cancelled. Good thoughts for your IUI. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hi hon! Sorry. That stinks, I've had to skip a cycle after every medicated cycle I've ever had. My dr says that bc pills don't "shrink" the cyst at all. He says that some cysts get bigger by your normal hormones, and bc can mask or quiet those. In my experience, even my large cysts (4.4cm) reduced to a size that I could start medication after one cycle off. I did not tak bc. Ironically, the cycle I DID take bc in my break (in prep for IVF) the cyst did not resolve itself, so I had to have a cyst aspiration procedure. (not that awful). 

GL! 

4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry--that is really frustrating.  Like PP, I have had to take a cycle off due to a cyst after medication (Clomid, not injectables) and my cyst did resolve after one cycle.  I hope yours resolves soon!
  • Options

Um that really really freaking sucks.  All you want to do is get pregnant as soon as possible and some person is telling you to stop for an entire month?!?!  Ugh.  I am frustrated for you....and now super nervous for my first baseline u/s.  I really hope you are back in the game soon. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got sidelined for a month before from a cyst. It was right after I got sidelined for over-stemming, lol. My RE put me on BCP to shrink it. He said hormones make it grow so injects were out of the question till it was gone.
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/nqv6fk.jpg

DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"