Postpartum Depression
Options

Is this something I need to see someone about?

My DS is 10 months old so I guess it didn't reall dawn on me that I can have a form of PPD this "late" after birth. Since he was born I've had anxiety that he would stop breathing. We got the video monitor and the angelcare, Eventually I wanted him close to me and we started bedsharing. I can feel him and it makes me feel better. However, when he is home with the babysitter or my mom I keep worrying that something will happen. I even drive home some days thinking to myself if my mom would call me at work if something happened or would she be too worried about me driving and not let me know until I got there.  I have not been out with my husband since my DS was born, I make up excuses but it's mainly because I don't want to leave DS alone. I worry that my mom will leave him in his paypen and that she will sleep through him stopping breathing. I know it's ridiculous to think this way but she insists on putting blankets and stuffed animals in there even after I told her not do and that drives my anxiety even further. At what point is this something I should seek help for? I haven't admitted this to anyone until recently that I think I might have a problem. A friend invited us for dinner and drinks on Friday and I came up with a million and one excuses in my head and I don't think that is good for my relationship with my husband. Thank you for reading.

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Is this something I need to see someone about?

• Options
    I'm sorry. I have those same worries, and in turn have started bed sharing for the reason: it makes me feel better. I would consider talking to your OB. GL
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imageMelzig76:
    I'm sorry. I have those same worries, and in turn have started bed sharing for the reason: it makes me feel better. I would consider talking to your OB. GL

Thank you and I hope you feel better as well.

Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If it is affecting your daily life to this extent then I would definitely talk to someone as you most likely have PPA.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"