Natural Birth
Options

Big Babies

After much debate doctor has agreed to let me try and deliver my big baby, but only after I agreed to an induction.  SOO...I'd like some encouragement, how big was your baby?

Re: Big Babies

• Options
    My son was 9 1/2 pounds, 20 inches long, went into labor naturally at 40 weeks. I pushed for an hour and a half, and had two 2 degree tears.
    Loss #1 2008, Loss #2 2010, Loss #3 2011, Loss #4 2012, Loss #5 2012
    Loss #6 2014 Loss #7 (chemical) 2014

~DS Born! 2009~
    ~DD Born! 2013~
    ~DD due! 2015~

• Options

DD1 9lbs, pushed for an hour and a half. Two stitches.

DD2 10lbs 2 oz, 6 pushes, no stitches.

I was a few days overdue with both girls, went into labour naturally and had no issues with either delivery. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My babies were not "big" really...they were bigger than the average these days, I'm pretty sure. My first was 7 lb 12 oz, my second 8 lb 11 oz, and my third 8 lb 8 oz.

Good luck negotiating with your doctor...but I'm positive you'll do just fine with this birth (provided the doctor doesn't jump in and intervene with the natural process)! It's a very, very rare woman who has the actual genetic disorder which prevents her hips from opening up wide enough to accommodate a baby. It's unfortunate that our mainstream medical practitioners are not taught this. Your body is made to do this. Read happy natural birth stories and keep telling yourself that you are capable and strong!

• Options

My second son was 10 lb 10 oz, 23.5 in.

Good luck! You also have a right to refuse the induction - he can't turn you out as a patient.

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    My son was 9 lbs 4? oz and 21 in long, born at 39w6d.  I was in labor for 33 hours and pushed for about two hours, but I delivered him naturally.  I had three tears (I can't remember how bad), but no problems after that.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    9lbs, 2oz, 21.5 inches, born at 41w2d.  I didn't consider that "big," but the hospital did...they kept taking her blood for glucose testing.  I pushed for an hour and 45 minutes, one or two stitches for a small internal tear.
  • Options

Baby #1 was 9 lbs 15 oz and came on her own at 43 weeks.  Story in bio.

Baby #2 was 10 lbs 10 oz and came on her own at 41 weeks.   This birth was 1/4 the time of the first and I didn't tear at all.   

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"