Preemies
Options

Genetic corrolation update

so a week or so ago i posted on here with questions about pre-term babies being genetic through the mother....i know a lot of you were wondering as well...

i asked my doctor yesterday and he said there hasnt been anything that shows its genetic, i told him that my mom going into preterm labor was due to toxemia...and he said that is only passed down through  the father, so there is not a hightened chance of me getting it.

just thought i would let you all know!!

hope all is going well

Re: Genetic corrolation update

• Options

I didn't respond to your previous post (sorry - got busy and then forgot) but I wanted to add that March of Dimes is sponsoring a study being done in St. Louis about possible genetic reasons for having premature babies.   Although I'm the only one in my family (or on my husband's side) to have preemies, we were invited to participate in the study since we had two preemies.   We filled out questionaires and submitted DNA samples from me and the kids.

Anyway, I'm not sure when they will finish the study but if we get the results I'll make sure to share them on this board.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"