Preemies
Options

Solids

Moms of older babies, how did your baby take to solids? When did they start wanting and loving solids? DS can take them or leave them. I try to offer different solids - once in a while he will eat a whole jar of puree but most times he will have a few bites and be done. He loves his bottle and eats about 32 oz per day. I also offer foods that we eat - spaghetti, mac n cheese, etc. He will eat a couple bites and be done. He is a healthy weight - 21 lbs and 29 in long so I am not worried. The pedi is getting on my case about this tho. Thanks,
Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage

Re: Solids

• Options
    DS took solids around your DS's age. I first gave him homemade purees and when he turned a year old I gave him finger food.
  • Options

We were on 50-50 solids/formula at that age.  We did some purees and some finger foods and always presented them when they were hungry, before we would offer a bottle.  We also started sippys at that age to help with thirst rather than more bottles.  Some foods they loved at that age... strips of mutigrain waffles, banana (cut into spears), chunks of avocado, chunks of cheese, broccoli spears, cut up grapes, pasta, greek yogurt (sweetened with fruit puree). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for your responses. I will just keep trying to offer different foods - I'm sure he will get it eventually! :)

Anniversary

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

MMC 8/11/15

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"