High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

recovery from hysteroscopy

I'm not normally on this board, but have posted some questions reguarding uterine septum in the past. Wednesday I'm having a hysteroscopy to remove my septum. If anyone else has had the procedure done, how was your recovery? Were you able to do anything with the catheter in? My doctor says walking will be fine for sure, but for anything else just go slow and see what happens. Also, did the estrogen pill make you bleed the entire time you were on it?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: recovery from hysteroscopy

• Options
    I have had a hysteroscopy, but not because of a septum.  My IUD was lost!  Anyway, it took me about 3 days of cramping before I was OK.  You will obviously be out of commission for a little longer than that.  You will bleed, but not because of the estrogen.  Estrogen is actually given to people to prevent bleeding and make the lining of the uterus nice and fluffy.  You need this to help prevent Asherman's (scarring inside the uterus, which can cause infertility).  The balloon also helps with this by keeping the uterus opened up.  In my experience, the catheter is taken out in 2-4 days.  It may hang an inch or two out of your vagina, but it should not prevent you from doing much.  Just do as your ob says and take it easy.  My friend had this done and she said it was a no-brainer.  But don't be like her.  She got pregnant before she was cleared to do so and had to have her c-section early because they were afraid of a uterine rupture, since she had not healed fully.  I am sure you will do fine.
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

I had a septum removed in April and also had the balloon catheter in for 4 days. It was a little uncomfortable but it wasn't bad. As soon as the catheter came out I went back to work. I had to take estrace for 1 month and had no bleeding on it what so ever. They did overlap the estrace with Provera for the last 10 ten days and actually AF started while on the Provera so I was able to have my HSG a bit earlier to make sure the septum was gone.

Let me know if you have questions. GL!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"