3rd Trimester
Options

What to wear for an interview(pregnant woman)?

I have an interview on Monday and I will be 33.5 weeks pregnant.  It's very evident that I am pregnant, though I am not huge (tend to carry small).  I am wearing a black suit; black maternity pants and my normal black suit coat that still fits, I just can't button it. My friend suggested me wear this Egg Tie Front Dress,but i feel so casual,i am not sure,what do u think about it? I have to say that I am not 100% excited about this job (interviewing for the one I"m more excited about at the end of the month).  If anything, it's good practice and I'm only meeting with the HR recruiter, not the actual head of the department.

Re: What to wear for an interview(pregnant woman)?

• Options
    I do like the dress but if I choose the dress I would wear the black blazer over it. It kind of depends on the position/ company you are applying to as well. i think I would go with the suit though and maybe wear a really nice spring scarf since you can't close the blazer? Just a thought :-) good luck!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I would go with the more professional suit, though I agree with PP, if you add a scarf, it will make it less obvious that the jacket will not button.
    For my little man...I only knew you in my heart. D&C 3/1/11 EDD 9/8/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would wear a suit; I did several interviews while pregnant w/ DS & I wore a maternity suit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Spam. They're getting creative these days.
  • Options
    I would wear the suit if it's comfortable for you.  I had a BIG interview at about 32 weeks and wore my black pants and a nice, light sweater b/c that's all I had that I thought looked half-ways decent (got it, btw!). My opinion is, if you don't look like you just hopped out of the shower, meaning do your hair and wear jewelry if that's for you, you should be fine. It's about how you answer their questions anyways.
  • Options
    LOL...spam! getting good these days!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I just had an interview last week at 29 weeks, hoping for another next week at 31, and i went with the black suite. I think I would feel to casual in a dress for an interview. Black maternity pants and an unbuttoned jacket was perfect for me. I am still very small so I wore a dress shirt that had big ruffles that covered my belly. I really want this job and i don't want being pregnant to play into rather I get it at all, I know it is illegal to make decisions based on pregnancy, but I am playing it safe.

Good luck to you! 

• Options

I am not sure if I'm too late to post since you said your interview was on a monday, but I thought I'd add to the PP's.  

One thing you could do is add a scarf to your outfit.  This will help cover the bump a little bit, and it adds color to any suit! 

Good luck on your interviews!  Let us know how they go! 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"