Pregnant after a Loss

For ladies who used a trigger shot, come in please.

On Monday February 27th, I had a 10,000 unit hCG shot.  I've been testing out my trigger since last Tuesday (7dp trigger).  My tests got lighter and lighter until I could only see a shadow of a line while holding it up to the bathroom light.  Well yesterday my test line looked a little darker.  My IC was a little darker this morning and darker this afternoon @13dp trigger.

I'm trying to not get too ahead of myself here.  I know everyone's bodies metabolize things differently and realize I could be the weirdo who STILL has a trigger in their system @13dp trigger.  I know basic rule of thumb is one day= about 1,000 units of hCG leaving your system... which would put me in the clear by 10dp trigger, give or take a couple days.

I'm just nervous because if this is a BFP, I'm spotting.  Just some brown when I wipe but clearly that's enough to cause a panic.  Thank you in advance for any experiences you can share with me!

ETA:  I do realize that the darkness of the line is not an indicator of 'how much' hCG you have in your system (either from trigger or pregnancy), but it's hard to not be a little hopeful when they're getting darker, KWIM? 

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

Re: For ladies who used a trigger shot, come in please.

• I did not use a trigger shot, but wanted to throw in some happy vibes for a hopeful BFP :)  FX! and lots of love to you!  Don't worry about the spotting if it's just brown, I spotted early on and obviously it freaked me out to no end...but I'm still here... ((hugs))
    ? J + J = 5/29/10.?
    TTC since 8/2010. Irregular cycles after stopping BCP.
    1st BFP! 3/26/11. Missed M/C - D&C 5/2/11.
    Always missed: Our little Blueberry. It's Never Over.
    2nd BFP! 9/3/11 on last unmedicated cycle! EDD: 5/11/12
    1stBeta @13DPO = 289, 2ndBeta @15DPO = 619!
    ? Clementine Lorraine, we love you so much already! ?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didnt have a trigger... but a friend of mine just did and she had exactly the same experience... super light at 10 & 11, then each day it got a little darker again... i say youre definitely pregnant... so many congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • My lines were out by 8dp. 

Id say it's a very very good sign that your lines are getting darker at 13dpo.

Get thee in for betas!!! 

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• OMG, I have everything crossed for you!!
    It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
  • Buckeye- That's awesome news!  I've been totally chart stalking you lately!  I did the same trigger, and it was out of my system by 8-9days past.  It never got darker (and obviously I never was KU).   Sounds like you're KTFU to me!

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • I am lurking and I don't have an answer....but I am keeping my FX'd for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • omg I hope this it ! many good vibes to you! when do you think you will do a digital?
    Hold On ....Michael Buble
    MTHFR 2 copies of C677t mutation homozygous 2/2010
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby A born via c-section 1/10/12 @38w3d
    BFP #1 11/4/09 m/c 4w3d baby crab
    BFP #2 12/4/09 m/c 9w3d baby lion
    BFP #3 7/1/10 m/c 4w1d baby fish
    BFP #4 5/8/11
    BFP #5 8/17/12 10dpo beta 7
  • I have no advice, but just wanted to tell you I have everything crossed for you!
  • Thanks for all the feedback ladies.  Last cycle my it was gone by 11dp trigger.  I'm scared that it is still my trigger or that it's not and I am pregnant.  Clearly, I hope it's the latter!

I will be calling my REs office tomorrow, I hope the nurse isn't p!ssy with me for testing early (they told me to test Wednesday which would be 16dp trigger and 16dpo).  The only problem is I will not be able to get betas until Tuesday at the earliest because I have to go 'pick my job' after school and then go to calling hours for a friend who passed away.

• Buckeye, I have no useful advice, but just wanted to jump in and say I hope this is baby HCG and not trigger HCG, and that this is your sticky baby!  I can't remember..are you on progesterone?  Will you be going in for a beta tomorrow? 

Please keep us posted!! ((HUGS)) and FX that all turns out ok!  

• imagejen629:
    omg I hope this it ! many good vibes to you! when do you think you will do a digital?

Thank you hon Smile 

I have a digi in my bathroom, just waiting to be used.  If the line is darker again tomorrow, I will be busting it out for sure! 

• imagekellydNC:

Buckeye, I have no useful advice, but just wanted to jump in and say I hope this is baby HCG and not trigger HCG, and that this is your sticky baby!  I can't remember..are you on progesterone?  Will you be going in for a beta tomorrow? 

Please keep us posted!! ((HUGS)) and FX that all turns out ok!  

I am on oral progesterone right now, but my RE said he's going to call in suppositories for me if/when I get a BFP.  Unless I can go to the hospital in the city where I work, I likely can't get betas until Tuesday.

• Hoping and praying this is your bfp!
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Mini-squee! (saving the major squee'ing for when you officially tell us you are KU) I'm praying for you sweetie! Get in for those betas! :)
  • My trigger was out by 10dpo. I really hope this is it for you!! FX for a great beta on Tuesday!
    BFP#1 12/18/10 EDD 8/28/11 | 2/14/11 discovered that our baby girl had anencephaly D&C 2/17/11 at 12.5 weeks | no O or AF post loss - Dx: AO + mild PCOS = secondary infertility Provera after 70 days = AF but no O | Provera + 50mg Clomid after 110 days = AF but no O 3 rounds of 100mg Clomid + Estrogen + Progesterone = mixed O results, all BFN hysteroscopy 1/6/12 - removed fibroid tissue injection cycle #1 - 75 IU follistim + ovidrel (triggered 2/9/12) + endometrin = BFP! EDD 11/3/12 | Beta @ 13dpo = 184, 17dpo = 993, 26dpo = >5000 IT'S TWIN BOYS!! Tommy and Charlie arrived on 9/10/12 after less than 6 hours of labor at 32 weeks Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Didn't have a trigger, but FX for you that this is the real thing!  Hope you can get in soon for betas!

TTC #1 since 3/11

BFP #1 5/4/11 EDD 1/12/12 natural m/c 5/17/11

BFP #2 8/9/11 EDD 4/18/12 ectopic pregnancy (methotrexate) 8/24/11 ruptured tube and removal 8/29/11

BFP #3 3/9/12 EDD 11/19/12 Logan born 11/18/12

BFP #4 10/21/14 EDD 6/30/15

~*~*Everyone Welcome*~*~
  • No trigger info but praying hard that it's a BFP and that this is your take home baby!!!
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• No trigger experience, but I hope this is it for you and you get to stick around for a very long time!  FX (toes,arms,legs,etc too)!!!
  • I really hope this is your BFP and that you'll be staying with us BEB!!!  Many T&Ps heading your way!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Never took the trigger shots, but I just wanted to say FX that this is your BFP! I really hope it is for you!
    imageimage
  • I did a trigger shot and got my positive (very light) on 11dpo.  I thought the exact same thing until I kept on testing and the line kept getting darker.  I had my first beta on 14dpo and 119.  I think that this is a true positive!  Congratulations to you! 

• Thank you ladies for the congrats/well wishes/ experiences!  I'm trying SO hard right now to hold it until at least 6pm.  I am nearly positive I will barely sleep tonight in anticipation of an even darker line tomorrow.  So if this is the real deal, I'm hoping it's even darker tonight so maybe my brain will let me rest!

• *huge hugs*I'm hopeful for you!  My trigger was gone at 11DPT and I got a BFP at 13DPT.  With a positive at 13DPT that's not with FMU I think that's a great indication that you're KU!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Oh my goodness...I hope this is it for you!!!  I have everything crossed and keeping you in my T&Ps.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

1st pregnancy: BFP- 6/28/09 - Found out we lost our little girl on 10/9/09 at 19w 4d - D&E- 10/14/09

June 2010, corrective surgery for Septate Uterus and large fibroids

2nd pregnancy: BFP- 10/18/10 - Slow rising, non-doubling HCGs, no heart beat. Non-viable pregnancy, D&C- 11/12/10

Started Metformin 6/30/11, Started Clomid 7/20/11 - Unsuccessful

HSG and Laparoscopic surgery revealed blocked tubes and lots of scar tissue...IVF here we come!!!

Surprise BFP naturally!!! IT'S A BOY!!!

• imageoctober_artist:
    I did not use a trigger shot, but wanted to throw in some happy vibes for a hopeful BFP :)  FX! and lots of love to you!  Don't worry about the spotting if it's just brown, I spotted early on and obviously it freaked me out to no end...but I'm still here... ((hugs))

exactly this! Keeping my hopes up for you!! 

Married my best friend 6/28/08
    DD born 4/3/10 BFP 4/9/11 missed mc @10w4d- forever loved
    BFP 8/21/11 EDD 4/29/12
    imageimageimage Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • No experience, but it sounds promising... I can't wait for an update! :-)
  • Oh I hope this is your BFP!!! I can't wait to hear how your betas turn out! Fingers, toes, and everything else crossed for you!!
    photo e9455f4d-9751-469e-a19f-460104cd2e5c.jpg photo jan15.jpg
    BFP #1 5/20/10 Natural MC at 5w4d 5/28/10
    BFP #2 11/3/10; BO at u/s 10w6d 12/16/10; Natural MC 1/7/11; D&C 4/21/11
    BFP #3 10/27/11 Please stick, LO!! 2/6/12 It's a Girl! Alexis Grace born 6/29/12
    BFP#4 4/27/14 Stick, stick, stick!! 8/11/14 It's a Boy! Evan Wesley born 1/8/15
    "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow, that is patience."  Let it Be (blog)My BFP Charts
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    This time I'm not leaving without you.
  • Buckeye... Sending tons of positive vibes your way! Thinking of you and hoping for a bfp for you :)

TTC since 7/10, BFP#1~6/28/11(4wks2d)~EDD 3/4/12, missed m/c(8wks)~8/12/11, D&C~8/16/11
    BFP#2~12/15/11~EDD 8/25/12, Hannah born 8/22/12~ 7lbs 10oz & 21 in. long. :)

BFP#3~1/12/14~EDD 9/23/14, Found out baby is a girl!~4/18/14 :)

|| [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/34aafc/]My Ovulation Chart[/url] || [url=http;//www.fertilityfriend.com]Ovulation Chart[/url]
    || [url=http;//www.
  • My trigger shots would hang on in my system - the cycle before the one that worked I still had a faint, faint line at 13 dp trigger.  But, if that line is getting darker it's not the trigger anymore!!!  That happened to me on my + cycle.  At 9 dpiui - 11 dp trigger I had a faint line.  2 days later my line was darker.  I was pregnant. 

I so, so hope this means good things!!!! 

• morkmork member
    Just stopping in to say I <3 you and I hope this is a BFP in the making!  *mini squee!* Big Smile
    Mama to 5 angel babies, 1 rainbow baby, and 2 more angel babies. 
    My beautiful Ella/ToT arrived 10/10/12. 
  • Buckeye I really really hope this is your BFP!!  I will be thinking good thoughts for you. 
  • imageSoCoGirl:
    I am lurking and I don't have an answer....but I am keeping my FX'd for you!

I echo this!!!!!! 

• I didn't test out my trigger, so I have no advice for you. I did get my bfp at 16dpt. I REALLY hope this is a bfp with your take home baby!!!!!!!!!!!

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Justin + Laura 10.18.08
    TTC #1 09.10/Dx PCOS 12.10/BFP #1 12.29.10/EDD 9.10.11/Missed m/c 2.3.11/D&C 2.15.11
    “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.”-Kahlil Gibran
    Cycle #1 4.2.11 + Clomid = BFN/Cycle #2 5.9.11 + Clomid + Trigger Shot = TWINS! 
    Walter Allen and Eleanor Joan 1.15.12
    Another baby on the way! 8.25.14

• I used a trigger shot and got my BFP 13dpo! I never tested mine out, but I took an IC and then a FRER the next day and it was an even darker BFP. FX that you're PG... I remember you from PGAL :)
  • Wishing you the best! Fingers crossed!!
  • Buckeye, not sure if you remember me at all from my time on TTC, but I am praying hard this is a BFP and take home baby for you. Will be keeping a lookout for an update!
  • Thank you everyone!  I got another positive this morning so I am calling my RE when they open.  I'm nervous because of course I am still spotting AND my test line was still faint like yesterday... ugh.

DianaChristineB and adamstodrake- I remember you both!  Congrats on your pregnancies!  

• I have everything crossed for you!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagebuckeyebaby814:

Thank you everyone!  I got another positive this morning so I am calling my RE when they open.  I'm nervous because of course I am still spotting AND my test line was still faint like yesterday... ugh.

DianaChristineB and adamstodrake- I remember you both!  Congrats on your pregnancies!  

Yay for another positive! Btw, I spotted a little early on too. Please do keep us updated. Oh, and thank you:)
  • imagebuckeyebaby814:

Thank you everyone!  I got another positive this morning so I am calling my RE when they open.  I'm nervous because of course I am still spotting AND my test line was still faint like yesterday... ugh.

Yay for another positive! Hopefully your RE can get ou in ASAP!  FWIW, my test lines took about two days to noticeably get darker each time, so 9dpo and 10dpo looked the same, but 11dop finally looked a bit darker , then no darker on 12dpo, finally darker on 13dpo.  Maybe your pattern will be similar? Oh, and my beta on 9dpo was crazy low, like an 8 or something, but the doubling times ended up being great. That was why the lines were so faint is what my doctor told me. Not a bad beta, just low to start.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"