3rd Trimester
Options

Lower back/pelvic pain

I will be 38 weeks on tuesday, and have been suffering from sharp pains in my lower back/pelvic area for most of the day. It has been so painful at times that it made walking difficult, and i've been uncomfortable all day since I was on my feet. I have also had it radiate down to my knees at times. I have had pain in my pelvis before from expanding, but this a lot more extreme. I am half afraid to call the doctor, since I received some nasty kicks to the stomach last saturday, (i'm a dog groomer) and had to call in and eventually go in and be put on the monitor, and I figure the doctor will think im nuts. Does this sound like I should be concerned about labor, or take a hot bath and make friends with my heating pad??

Re: Lower back/pelvic pain

• Options
    I would go in and be checked. Sounds like back labor. Mine was like that with my first two children. Pain would radiate down my legs from pressure on sciatic nerve. Better to be safe than sorry!
  • Options
    At my 38 week apt today my dr. said that back pain would be an indication of labor, so I'd call :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That is exactly how my labor with DD1 was. It started out as, oww my back kind of hurts to holy crap I want an epi in a few hours.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"