May 2011 Moms
Options

Playdates and ideas for them

hi!

i wanted to see if anyone did playdates for their 9-10 month old and what kind of activitys you did. thanks

Re: Playdates and ideas for them

• Options

At this age I don't think activities are going to be productive in that situation. Free play is most likely going to be your best bet. You may be able to get some of them to sit still for a short story, but that's about it.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I used to work in the infant room at our daycare and there are a ton of activities you can do.  Sensory play is a ton of fun, but can be a mess, like playing with sand or water. If you mix the orange metamusil with warm water, it turns into a goo they can play with, just don't let them eat too much or they'll be getting too much fiber :).  You can do painting and sticker activites. They are starting to develop their pinching fingers and enjoy trying to get the sticker from your hand to some paper (with your help, of course). Balls are fun to play with, they love to learn to play "catch" by rolling it back and forth. If they're fine with throwing it, try that, too. Anything that makes noise is fun! Getting a big roll of butcher paper and letting them roll on it, crinkle it up, color on it with crayons. It's fun and it's cheap. One favorite game was always dumping a bucket of toys and then putting them back in (this also helps them learn the clean-up concept). But it's a fun hand-eye coordination activity. Hiding in boxes and playing peek-a-boo will get lots of laughs. You can try to google infant/ toddler activites. There are a few really good site with activites by age (by month for the LOs) that can help with ideas. Good luck and enjoy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

At every playdate I've ever gone on, the babies play with toys while the moms drink coffee and talk.  Just playing with new toys is entertaining for them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagepinkram:

At every playdate I've ever gone on, the babies play with toys while the moms drink coffee and talk.  Just playing with new toys is entertaining for them.

Yup.

I mean, all those things the pp listed sound great... but I'm not going to do that when I get together with other moms. At this point, it's really a mom coffee date where the kids entertain each other and we pay enough attention to make sure they don't accidentally go for each others' eyes.

• Options
    imagetokenhoser:
    imagepinkram:

Yup.

I mean, all those things the pp listed sound great... but I'm not going to do that when I get together with other moms. At this point, it's really a mom coffee date where the kids entertain each other and we pay enough attention to make sure they don't accidentally go for each others' eyes.

This is why I said what I said. All those other things are messy, and stuff the babies can eat. Even if it won't make the kid sick, many parents won't want their kid to eat that stuff. This will require very close supervision and not allow for the moms to take a step back and mingle with the grown-ups while the kids have some space to play. A variety of toys will be good. Include some balls, noise makers, etc. and the children should be entertained and stimulated.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"