Breastfeeding
Options

Are all pumps so noisy?

I have a lansinoh pump (not sure which model) and it seems so loud! DD wakes up if I pump at night-she sleeps next to our bed. I already have this one so I'll keep it until it dies, but I'm wondering if all pumps are noisy or if this one is louder than most.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Are all pumps so noisy?

• Options
    No. I used a Lansinoh Affinity for a few days and it was horribly loud. My husband hated it!! My main pump is an Ameda and its much quieter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageCherbear013:
    No. I used a Lansinoh Affinity for a few days and it was horribly loud. My husband hated it!! My main pump is an Ameda and its much quieter.
    Wow...I thought my Ameda was loud, but have nothing to compare it to. When I pump in the night, I always go downstairs and cover the thing with a towel to dull the sound. You'd think they could create silent motors! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love my Lansinoh too.  The only complaint is the noise.  I went from a Medela Symphony which was like a whisper to the Lansinoh and it seemed crazy loud.  I just put a pillow over it.  Even when dd is sleeping at night and right next to the bed, with the pillow it doesn't bother her.  Then again, she has a 3 year old brother so if noise bothered her she'd never sleep.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I don't think my Medela Freestyle is very loud. 

• Options

I don't think my PISA is very loud. I pump in an attached closet at work so my (male) coworkers and I are only separated by a thin wooden door and they say they can't hear it (though I can hear them talking).

I pump about 15' away from DD in the morning and it doesn't wake her up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"