3rd Trimester
Options

What are your post-pregnancy weight loss plans

2»

Re: What are your post-pregnancy weight loss plans

• Options
    I plan on walking as soon as I can, then running once I get cleared by the doctor.  I also plan on doing yoga & pilates.  I usually eat healthy anyways, so that's not really going to change. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    for the first month just cut portions and eat healthy but nothing really much..after that I plan to join weight watchers and walk on the treadmill/or walk outside after dinner with the family 3 to 4 times a week...I am really hoping I can take it all off in 6 months..but that might be wishful thinking
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm not even going to think about the weight for the first couple of months, but I'm going to eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, and that tends to help me lose weight without having to think about it or make any actual effort.  

After that we'll be doing lots of walking and I'll gauge my progress.  At some point I want to start going to the gym again, but I'm not sure when that will actually happen.  I have an xbox Kinect that might be easier to work out with since I would theoretically be able to use it while Baby is asleep or watching nearby, rather than waiting for a time DH can tend to her.  I hate counting calories because it makes me neurotic, but I've always been able to successfully hit a goal weight doing it, so that will be a last resort if I'm not making enough progress doing everything else.

• Options
    Weight watchers for the eating part of the weight loss and P90x for the exercise portion.  I started out about 25lbs over my ideal weight before this pregnancy, so I know I'll have to find things I can stick with for the long haul.

red

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Counting calories using sparkpeople.com and running again.  I'm already signed up for a warrior dash (September) with my husband and a group of friends, and I'll be signing up for the Living History Farms race (November) when registration opens. 

Besides that, just doing our other hobbies: Backpacking, hiking, walking, etc. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagenewbeachbride:

With DD # 1, Once I got home from the hospital I only ate really healthy and cut out all junk, sweets, ect.  That seemed to help a lot since the first few weeks you can't do much else physically.  Then I added walking every day into the mix.  Once I got the go ahead from the Dr. to exercise again I went back to the gym.  I'm hoping I can do this again.  I lost all the baby weight by the time DD was 3.5 months so I kind of have that in my mind that I will be to my normal weight by September and hopefully I can be :-) The only thing I'm worried about is, now we live in Florida so it's not like I can just take the baby on a walk since it's so much hotter out in the summer.  Also I don't have a double stroller since DD will be 3 when this one is born and I don't see the need for it at this point.

I think what I'm going to do is when DH gets home from work I will go to the gym and walk on the treadmill until I get the go ahead to really start working out, so get some activity in.  I feel like it's going to be harder this time around since I will have two kids to look after, but it's important to me so I'm going to try as best I can.

this for me too. atleast walking on treadmill etc till go ahead to hit the weights after dr approves. its funny I go to the gym and just really miss doing weights. I live in Phoenix, AZ so evening walks in the stroller or very early am walks for us

• Options
    I worked out throughout this pregnancy and my first.  With DD, I only gained about 18 lbs and lost more than half by the time I left the hospital.  I'm up a couple of pounds from my first pregnancy the same week, so I'll probably have gained about 20-22 lbs at the end.  When I get the ok from the doctor, I'll resume my workouts and probably step it up a notch, but I won't get crazy with calorie counting because I'll be breastfeeding.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm actually really motivated and excited to get in better shape than I was pre-pregnancy!

I plan to start with walks, since it'll be May/June and GORGEOUS outside. I have a "Brazil Butt" workout DVD that I'll start with. I always used to go to Zumba one night a week and plan to start back with that, and then work my way up to P90X.

First came love, then came marriage - Oct 31, 09
    Then came a miscarriage March '11
    Then came a baby in the baby carriage May 16, 12

Waiting on our second little peanut!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    VOTE on my Name List
  • Options
    Counting calories, and lots and lots of walking. I live in a really really small town...so no gym anywhere...so I will be walking a lot, especially so I can take my older son to the parks around town. I will also probably start doing Jillian's 30 day shred again to. I was doing that before my pregnancy and really liked it.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"