July 2011 Moms
Options

CP Nightlights

Do you use a nightlight?  Ours went yesterday (the third one since we've had LO!) so we went the night without it.  He only got up 5 times (and yes, I am so happy about this!).  I'm wondering if not having a nightlight might have something to do with it. 
[Poll]
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CP Nightlights

• Options
    We tried at first but it was too bright so he would just stay awake and focus on it
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I chose yes, but maybe I should have chosen SS. We use the Homedics Soundspa white noise machine with projector. It is frozen on an image of the moon that projects onto the ceiling.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I chose SS but I should've said yes... there is nightlight built into an outlet in LO's room. blah... long day

Anniversary< br > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker< br > Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Here at the ILs we do. But we used to just have a dimmer on the light switch that we would slightly turn on is he woke up at night.
  • Options
    We started with the lamp on in his room when he first came from the hospital, then we realized it was too bright. Then we moved to the night light next to his crib, but then he got too nosy... so we moved the night light behind the glider. The older he got, the nosier he became LOL... so we now have it pitch black, and I turn on the hall or bathroom light if I need to go in. We realized that there was no way he was afraid of the dark and that was "our deal" because he had just lived in the dark for 39 weeks! Wink
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Most babies sleep better in pitch black! We used one for a few weeks when I was trying to bf and getting up with her a lot. Now if we have to get up with her I just turn the hall light on and leave her door open a bit
    image imageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When we first put Lena in her own room, we had a nightlight, and she refused to sleep. DH refused to believe it was the light, but I will tell you that as soon as we turned it off, she started to sleep. I enjoyed being right ;) 
  • Options
    door cracked a smidge and the living room dimmer light on it's lowest setting.
  • Options
    We have a super bright alarm clock that has always served as our nightlight. We started suspecting that it's brightness was keeping her awake, so we hid it behind the glider so DH and I can only see it while rocking DD to sleep. She was sleeping much better after that. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

In my Think Tank, KM, Porteen + LowePro bags: Canon 5D Mark III / 5D Mark II
    16-35mm 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 24-70mm 2.8L, 50mm 1.2L, 85mm 1.2L, 100mm 2.8L IS, 70-200mm 2.8L IS
    Lensbaby Composer + 0.42x SuperWide, Holga Lens, Speedlite 580EXIIs + PWs,
    Mac LR4 + CS6 + Nik Editing Suite
  • Options
    Our baby monitor has a little blue "night light" in it that we use but it is more so that I can see and check on her than for DD.
    image image image image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"