July 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone else?

I've been having pain in the side of my foot for awhile now.  Went to the doctor today and they took xrays.  Turns out I have a little stress fracture.

The doctor asked me if I was in enough pain to justify her giving me crutches.  I told her I'd rather cut my foot off than use crutches because I have a 7 month old, and talk about a logistical nightmare.  She laughed and then said that the stress fracture makes a little more sense knowing I just had a baby.  Apparently they are more common in women than in men.  Even more so in women who do not have a period for whatever reason (including breast feeding).  Hmph.

So for now I'm in a surgical shoe.  Follow up with another doctor as soon as I can get an appointment.

Anyone here ever had a stress fracture before?  How long can I expect this healing process to last?

Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.

Re: Anyone else?

• Options
    That happened to a friend of mine, she ran a lot, but she had this nasty looking lump on her foot too.  She had to have surgery, but besides the ultra fashionable boot it wasn't too bad or long of a recovery.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I hadn't heard that specifically, but it makes sense I guess. I'm sorry you've got a broken foot :(! Do you take a calcium supplement? Perhaps that might help, especially if you are BFing. 

I hope it gets better soon! I can't imagine having a bum foot and having to carry DD around all day! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejk4ever:

I hadn't heard that specifically, but it makes sense I guess. I'm sorry you've got a broken foot :(! Do you take a calcium supplement? Perhaps that might help, especially if you are BFing. 

I hope it gets better soon! I can't imagine having a bum foot and having to carry DD around all day! 

Dr did say to start taking some calcium!

Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"