July 2011 Moms
Options

Allergies?

When do you stop worrying about allergies when you are giving new foods?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Allergies?

• Options

I've been pretty bad about this. We stopped worrying about it awhile ago. But neither DH nor I have allergies in our families, so we are pretty liberal about what we do. I think there are certain foods that are allergenic that should be avoided, like strawberries, but I don't even necessarily follow that because DD has eggs. She has tolerated them really well though. I know a lot of the foods that are supposed to be more allergenic are supposed to be given after a year though. 

I guess my answer to your specific question though is that I don't really know...I think you have to decide what is best. But you could always ask your pedi too.  

• Options
    I stopped being cautious a while back. There is no family history of allergies. He has tried several of the risky foods, like strawberries and eggs. The only thing that I was told that we have to wait on is honey. I haven't offered peanut butter yet, but I probably will before the age of one. I know that other mamas have already offered it. I suppose it is what you are comfortable with and what you decide with your oedi's advice.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks! I feel like I'm falling behind because I'm making his foods for him..he hasn't had any issues yet. Tonight he's trying chicken for the first time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"