Success after IF
Options

My C Section incision slightly opened!

What a night!

I went to the OB on Friday b/c I thought my C section was getting infected b/c it was all red and itchy. Ends up I was having a reaction to the brown stuff they put on you before the surgery. So while there the OB said it looked great and took out my staples.

Around midnight last night I'm on the toilet of all places and leaned over to get to the toilet paper and all of a sudden a gush of what felt like water came out of my body...my incision. I mean a LOT of fluid and blood...all over my feet/floor...TMI. I was in a complete panic b/c I really had no idea what had happened....yelling for DH. He comes in and his eyes go big grabs a towel and tells me to put pressure on the incision. He calls 911 thne his parents to come stay with the kids.

In the end it was a tiny spot that opened up and apparently had a pocket of fluid that came out. Apparently common for that much to come out. I had to call the OB today and will need to go in on Monday. The incision was just bandaged up and I have to change the bandage and keep it clean and dry and watch for infection. I was never so scared in my life.  Hoping it doesn't get infected and heals the way it should now.  

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: My C Section incision slightly opened!

• Options
    Wow that would have totally freaked me out!  Sounds like it is not something to worry about though which is great.  Rest up momma!
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • Options

Yep! Happened to me. We didn't have family to come watch the girls, so I went crack to bed with a towel ace wrapped with DH checking on me every hour. Scared the **it out of me!

Tough c/section the second time! Hope all the fluid came out and it oesn't happen again!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My mom had hers open a lot more than that and it healed fine.  Just watch for infection.  My Mom said it was the strangest thing...hers opened to the point she had to get some stitches.  She was doing way too much though...because my dad was out of the house.

Glad your ok :) 

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Options
    Same thing happened to me ... Several times. I still wonder why doctors don't warn you about this?
    TTC#1 since May 2008 IUI#1 clomid/trigger March. 2009 BFP! TWINS! lost twin around 9 weeks. It's a girl! TTC#2 IUI#1 Dec.2010 clomid/trigger = ectopic IUI#2 Feb.2011 menopur/trigger = BFP! Beta#1 14dpiui 166 Beta#2 16dpiui 438 It's a boy! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The same thing happened to me.  Same thing scared the you know what out of me.  I called my DH and we called the Dr.  She had him describe the size of the opening and told me to put pressure on it and a towel.  It seemed a like a ton of fluid and then she had me come into the office first thing in the morning. 

It did take me a little longer to heal where it opened and ended up being out of work for 10 weeks instead of 8 to make sure everything healed properly.

Good Luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    YIKES!  That sounds horrible!  I hope it heals up FAST!
    imageimageimage
    TTC #1: IUI #2 = BFP , Betas 550 (16 dpiui), 1523 (18 dpiui)
    Hypothyroid, LPD, FSH 13.0, TTC 2 yrs B4 BFP

TTC #2: FSH 23, AMA, IUI 1, 2, 3 = BFN, IVF #1 = MC
    IVF #2 = BFP - Betas 194 (14dp2dt), 366 (16 dp2dt), 841 (18 dp2dt)
    (vanished twin ~7 weeks)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It happened to me after my first c section and I ended up with a nasty infection. I hope yours isn't and heals up nice and quick!
    Cricket's Cadence
  • Options

I had an infection over my appendectomy scar when I was 10. It was super freaky. I have some scar tissue over where the infection occurred now, but it healed up OK, and I had no further issues from it.

I have not had any similar issues from my c/s scars.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"