Pregnant after IF
Options

Anyone's LH surge before trigger shot?

Went into my monitoring appointment and saw 2 follies ready to go. We scheduled my IUI for Monday and I was supposed to trigger tonight. Just got a call the bloodwork picked up an LH surge and was told to trigger asap and come in for an IUI in the morning.  I feel like this cycle is bust.

Has this happened to anyone? Any thoughts? 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Anyone's LH surge before trigger shot?

• Options
    This happened to one girl on another board I frequent... she Oed right before trigger, then Oed again with trigger.  She is now pregnant with twins!  It can still work, so don't think it might be a bust.
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

imageimage
    PAIF and SAIF welcome. IVF questions welcome, too.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I Oed the same night as my trigger once (which is a day too early since the IUI was 40 hours later... that egg was long gone) because my surge started on its own, but thankfully, another egg was waiting to O the next day and the timing was fine. I didn't get pg that cycle, but you are certainly not out! The surge gives you 12-40 hours (approximately), plus the egg can live for up to 25 hours, so your timing should be good.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    that happened with me - with my son 4 years ago.  i had ONE follicle on 100mg clomid and it was smallish - 17.5.  but i was already starting to surge so they had me trigger anyways even though i probably didnt need to (i O on my own without trigger).  anyways, that was my son.  if you dont have a male factor and absolutely dont need the IUI i wouldnt worry about it.  but if you are starting to surge/are surging today im sure hte egg/s will still be hanging around in the AM. it doesnt take the sperm that long to get to the egg.
  • Options

sorry, just saw you have a male factor.

the eggs should still be hanging around tomorrow in the AM. 

• Options
    We triggered and went in to do the IUI and found out I had already o'd sometime before the IUI.  I originally was pregnant with triplets-so it is definitely possible!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Lurking...

Yes, with my first (and only) Follistim IUI, I had a strong LH surge before my trigger. RE gave me two options - because of our MFI, he recommended IVF, so that's the way we are going.

However, he mentioned adding Lupron as a way to suppress that natural LH surge if I wanted to try another IUI. That might be an option.

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...