D.C. Area Babies

XP: How do you make 7 oz of formula?

I feel like this is a stupid question, but I'm new to this whole bottle feeding thing.   One scoop = 2 oz of formula.  How do I only do 1/2 a scoop?  Do I just have to make 8 oz and waste some every time?

Re: XP: How do you make 7 oz of formula?

• If you are going to use it all within 24 hours you could pre-mix a larger amount of something that is divisible by 2 and 7. So, you can mix 14 ounces and divide it in half, or mix 28 ounces and divide it in 4's.

I'm a math geek so this is a fun problem. Of course, I've also thought about finding out what a "scoop" actually is in TSPs and measuring 1/2 a scoop, but the above was more fun to figure out. :) 

• Thanks!  I have another formula question too.

Say I'm making 6 oz of formula.  I put in 6 oz of water, then add the requisite 3 scoops.  The added mass displaces the water and now makes the volume 6.5 oz.  It still ends up being 6 oz of formula though, right?

So, if I made a pitcher, then poured 7 oz into a bottle, would it really be 7 oz, or would it be 6.5?

• Loading the player...
  • True Confession:  I used to eyeball a half a scoop for odd number of oz.  But the making a bigger batch then dividing it is a much better idea!

And yes, if you have 6 oz. of water and add the formula and it's 6.5 oz, you can still "consider" it 6 oz. of formula.  I see from your pp you are trying to get your little one to gain weight, so it's great that you're paying attention to all the details... I know he'll be gaining weight before you know it!  Smile

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • DS took 7 oz. for a long time.  We just eye-balled half a scoop and never had a problem. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i measured it out when little man was eating 3 ounces.  i just used my formula dispensers and filled them all up so i could just quickly pour into the bottle of water.
  • We just eyeball a 1/2 scoop. That is fine.
  • We just eyeball the 1/2 scoop for odd amounts of formula.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"