Austin Babies
Options

Newborn hair loss

Does every newborn experience this? Did yours? If so, around what age? My DH and I were talking about this during an early morning feeding. We wanted to schedule a photo session. However, I remember when one of my BFs did her newborn photo session, her baby lost all her hair right before the session. She was heartbroken...

Re: Newborn hair loss

• Options

Teagan did.  He had dark hair when born and then lost just the top George Costanza style.  After that it grew in, he got a mohawk and the sides thinned out.  He's been on a wild hair journey LOL!    Honestly, I can't imagine being heartbroken over my babies hair, we just embrace it.  Photos are supposed to capture who they are and that's who they are at that moment, know what I mean?  It does always amaze me how many people stop us when we're out and ask if we cut our babies hair that way, uhm, yeah, i shaved my 8 month olds head Tongue Tied  LOL

Teagan lost his at a few weeks old to answer your question.  It took another week or so to come back.  When Taryn lost hers, it didn't come back in, she was a baldy for a long time. 

• Options

Yep, Logan had really pretty strawberry blond hair when he was born.  After about 2-3 weeks, he lost the sides and most of the top (except the very back on the top), and he kept 2 little tufts in the back of his head, just above his neck.  I can see his hair growing back, but it's super white blond, so it's hard to see (like in pictures) - he just looks bald.  But really he's got a whole head of super fine, blond, peachfuzz.

I agree w/Lindsay - Shelby will look beautiful in her pictures, with all of her hair or without!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD was born with very little and lost everything on top by about 6 weeks.  It was several months before she had a significant amount of hair up there.  There isn't anything you can do about, so I wouldn't stress over it. Like the pp's said, she will look beautiful in her pictures because it will capture who she is at the time.
  • Options

Little Dude hada head full of dark brown hair when he was born and it tooks  afew months for him to get the 'reverse monk'. this is where you know old fashioned monks had just the ring of hair ear to ear. well he was bold ear to ear but hair above and below!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DD has had fuzz since birth.  I think she lost a bit of it recently, but not too much.  She does look bald in pictures though, since it's such a fine layer of fuzz, and if she's like me and DH as kids, she's going to be a blondie, so it prob won't show up for awhile.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"