Postpartum Depression

PPD/Anxiety...Dizzy/Lightheaded...Intro

Hello, I'll try to keep this short as possible. My LO was born very healthy but had an unexpected 10 day NICU stay. Since having the baby, Ive been stressed and barely get enough sleep.

Fast forward to 1/18/12, I had a tubal ligation and recovery was pretty rough. About 2 weeks before the surgery, I began to have headaches off and on. And the week of surgery I started to feel some what "off",dizzy/lightheaded...almost as if I was coming down with a cold but never got one.

I went to the dr the last week of Jan and explained all what I had been going through the last 3 months as well as my symptoms. I was told that the symptoms I've been experiencing (foggy head, sleepy, unbalanced, lightheaded) were coming from PPD & Anxiety and was prescribed Xanax & Lexapro. I'm not sure if this is true or if there is something else going on. I should also add that my blood pressure has been elevated...127-138/90-100 and I'm anemic, my hemoglobin is 10.8, so not really too anemic. 

Just want to know if anyone has been lightheaded/dizzy or have had any other symptoms stemming from PPD/Anxiety. TIA 

Re: PPD/Anxiety...Dizzy/Lightheaded...Intro

• I have PPD and Anxiety and also have the lightheadedness, etc...

But if you try the meds and it doesn't get better soon, head back to the dr for a check up.

Mama of 2: one who grew in my womb, both who grow in my heart.
  • imageFutureMrsWittig:

I have PPD and Anxiety and also have the lightheadedness, etc...

But if you try the meds and it doesn't get better soon, head back to the dr for a check up.

Thanks so much for your response. Question, is your lightheadedness constant? Mine has been all day every day for about 4-5 weeks now. Also, have you found that taking the meds helps take it away?

• Loading the player...
  • Mine was, and sometimes is.. But you sound like you have another issue (not PPD/PPA) related physically. I would speak to another doctor about it.just to make it clearer
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • because you mentioned other health issues I would double check with another doctor but I had PPD and PPA and had that foggy dizzy feeling and I just could not hack it...it did go away with meds somewhat but it never was fully gone until like 18months PP 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"