June 2011 Moms

UO Thursday!

Help me get through my work day, ladies!! :)

Re: UO Thursday!

• This probably won't be that unpopular around here but, I don't understand why people spend this much money on a carseat when there are perfectly safe one's for less than half the price.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know how unpopular this is, but I find it weird and annoying when 2 adults share an email address or facebook. 

I had another one but I can't remember it...

• Loading the player...
  • I find "Your mom" jokes HIGH-larious.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagejcsumm0:

I don't know how unpopular this is, but I find it weird and annoying when 2 adults share an email address or facebook. 

We have an inbox dedicated for resumes submitted electronically and I am amazed at the number of eamil addresses that are apparently shared between husband and wife or something along those lines.  Email addresses are free.  Get your own.  Especially helpful for a job search!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJ9melissa:
    I find "Your mom" jokes HIGH-larious.

I had no idea.  Wink

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageBrandySun:
    imagejcsumm0:

I don't know how unpopular this is, but I find it weird and annoying when 2 adults share an email address or facebook. 

We have an inbox dedicated for resumes submitted electronically and I am amazed at the number of eamil addresses that are apparently shared between husband and wife or something along those lines.  Email addresses are free.  Get your own.  Especially helpful for a job search!

Yeah, I am unreasonably judgey about this. I assume serious trust issues must exist within the couple.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageJ9melissa:

your mom is HIGH-larious Stick out tongue

imagejkchs2003:
    This probably won't be that unpopular around here but, I don't understand why people spend this much money on a carseat when there are perfectly safe one's for less than half the price.

I totally agree...that one doesn't even look comfortable!

• 6240662406 member
    I hate the new colored khaki's and jeans.
    BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
  • 6240662406 member
    imagejcsumm0:

I don't know how unpopular this is, but I find it weird and annoying when 2 adults share an email address or facebook

My cousin and her husband do this.  Can you not be your own person?? It also seems like a control issue IMHO.

BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
  • imageJ9melissa:

DD has a onsie that says "I heart hanging out w/mom."  I really wanted to take a photo of her in it and photoshop it to say "I heart hanging out with YOUR mom" but the print is too small. :)

Also, I used to make "your mom" jokes to my students all the time until another teacher told me he made a "your mom" joke to a kid and his mom was dead.  Tongue Tied So I switched to "your face."  i.e. "Mrs. T, this book is boring."  "Your face is boring." 

Yep, I'm a dork.

• I think people who swear they need "four seasons" are lying or just don't know any better. I am not even sorry to say this but WINTER SUCKS and why someone "needs snow, ice, and frozen temperatures" had got to be lying to themselves.

• I know this will be unpopular. I don't like being a stay at home mom. I miss school and adults and working outside of the house. I am a sub right now so instead of paying for DC I am at home, but I think I'll go back in the fall. I love spending time with Levi, but I feel torn. 
  • imagetulipblossom:

I think people who swear they need "four seasons" are lying or just don't know any better. I am not even sorry to say this but WINTER SUCKS and why someone "needs snow, ice, and frozen temperatures" had got to be lying to themselves.

If you were a skiier/snowboarder you would understand! I love snow! Big Smile

~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • I don't like coffee...unless it's cold... And I don't like beer...unless it's warm.

Though, the beer doesn't matter anymore since I quit drinking in 2009... Lost 10 pounds just doing that! Lost 5 more when I cut out sodas. Gained it all back during/after pregnancy. Boo. So back to the no sodas and cutting back on sweets.

forum
  • My ex and I shared an emails address. It was due to our isp provider only providing 1 addy free, and was long before all the free emails came out. It was not a trust issue at all, I know a lot of ppl who think having separate emails means they can't trust each other.

Face book is just dumb to share though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• imageSleepdeprived2011:
    I know this will be unpopular. I don't like being a stay at home mom. I miss school and adults and working outside of the house. I am a sub right now so instead of paying for DC I am at home, but I think I'll go back in the fall. I love spending time with Levi, but I feel torn. 

I wouldn't want to be a SAHM. I enjoy going to work. I bet the board is pretty split between those wanting to SAH and those who don't.

~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • imageMrs.SparklesMcGee:
    imageBrandySun:
    imagejcsumm0:

Yeah, I am unreasonably judgey about this. I assume serious trust issues must exist within the couple.

I think it's weird for facebook but I don't know about email.  My BIL & SIL share an email because there is no way in he!! he would have an email otherwise.  Same way with my MIL & FIL, and my grandma and grandpa for that matter.  

In all three of those situations it isn't a trust issue at all... it's an apathy/not tech savvy issue. 

• imagecvl105:
    imagetulipblossom:

I think people who swear they need "four seasons" are lying or just don't know any better. I am not even sorry to say this but WINTER SUCKS and why someone "needs snow, ice, and frozen temperatures" had got to be lying to themselves.

I love snow, but hate the cold. I clearly have issues that can't possibly be worked out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMare0527:

I think it's weird for facebook but I don't know about email.  My BIL & SIL share an email because there is no way in he!! he would have an email otherwise.  Same way with my MIL & FIL, and my grandma and grandpa for that matter.  

In all three of those situations it isn't a trust issue at all... it's an apathy/not tech savvy issue. 

I thought about combining DH and I's emails. He never checks his email, I do and then report back to him. He is just not a computer guy and that would make it one less thing I have to worry about. I'm always having to remember if I used his email or mine to sign up for something. Plus, his email is one that someone looking at a resume would toss, haha!

imagejcsumm0:

Haha.  My parents so share an email. Stick out tongue You have to realize though that my dad barely knows how to check email.  Having his own just so he can get fantasy football stuff or whatever random things would just be more work for my mom.  My mom has a fb but not my dad.  However, she rarely gets on.

It just wouldn't make any sense for them to have their Stick out tongue own.

• imageDebbie0580:
    imagecvl105:
    imagetulipblossom:

I love snow, but hate the cold. I clearly have issues that can't possibly be worked out!

lol I'm a bad Canadian because I don't do any winter sports.  I don't HATE the snow but I'm kind of royally pissed off that it decided to wait until NOW to show up.  Crying they are announcing 15cm today ( whic leads me to my UO--the metric system is better!).

• imagejcsumm0:

My parents share an email and it drives me bonkers. My mom gets mad when an email is not for her and my dad gets annoyed because she deletes things that she doesnt think is important. It is also a PITA around holidays when one or the other tries to order something online, they then have all emails sent to my brother or I and then we get to deal with it....

• imagejcsumm0:

imageJ9melissa:
    So I switched to "your face."  i.e. "Mrs. T, this book is boring."  "Your face is boring." 

image I'M SOOOO STEALING THIS when I go back to work 

• I like when my hubby goes in his "man cave" and plays playstation. It give me time to do what I want to do without having him in my face constantly asking what I am doing... LOL

Our World!!

Blaine Emerson                  Bailey Rae

3-31-14                               6-10-11

image image
  • imagetulipblossom:

Totally with you on this!!

• imagejenny_jeff:
    imageDebbie0580:
    imagecvl105:
    imagetulipblossom:

lol I'm a bad Canadian because I don't do any winter sports.  I don't HATE the snow but I'm kind of royally pissed off that it decided to wait until NOW to show up.  Crying they are announcing 15cm today ( whic leads me to my UO--the metric system is better!).

Surprise You are a bad Canadian! NO winter sports? Like at all?? Not acceptable! Stick out tongue
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagecvl105:
    imagetulipblossom:

I can understand people enjoying snow for winter type sports. I tried snow boarding once it wasn't for me but I can see why people like it. I know plenty of people who say this that do not ski or snow board or anything like that and still say this. I don't understand why anyone would want to wake up early to shovel a driveway and need to de-ice their car while needing to wear 3 layers and have to buy all that ridiculous winter wear.

I had plenty of friends in So Cal that "LOVE" snow but all admit they hate or would hate living in it. 

• I hate the Goonies movie. 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSarahP15:
    I hate the Goonies movie. 
    ::Dead::
    WE cannot be friends.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    imageBrandySun:
    imagejcsumm0:

My DH and I share an email account. The account is just for things for the baby and the dogs and some medical stuff. We do have our own accounts as well.  

• imagekimbo1216:
    imageMrs.SparklesMcGee:
    imagejcsumm0:

Haha.  My parents so share an email. Stick out tongue You have to realize though that my dad barely knows how to check email.  Having his own just so he can get fantasy football stuff or whatever random things would just be more work for my mom.  My mom has a fb but not my dad.  However, she rarely gets on.

It just wouldn't make any sense for them to have there own. (their own)

Kimbo, I think you're great, but THIS is my UO! Stick out tongue Drives me nuts! DH was raised in a family that has horrific grammar and he gets so annoyed with me correcting him! I know I shouldn't correct him, but geez- I don't want him talking to the surgeons using the wrong verb tense or something (he works at very prestigious hospitals)!

Does it make me less of a b**tch if I used to be a teacher?  Wink

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagerlmanning:
    I like when my hubby goes in his "man cave" and plays playstation. It give me time to do what I want to do without having him in my face constantly asking what I am doing... LOL

I'm the same way.  Plus, I can get the house cleaned.  If he's watching TV upstairs on the weekends it's great because that means he's helping with Ty more, but it also means granola bar wrappers, soda cans and water cups all over the place.  the man does not know how to pick up after him self.  I refuse to straighten up the basement because it's ALL him, since I take my stuff up when I go up, and last weekend it took him 3 HOURS to straighten it up. 

• imagecvl105:
    imagetulipblossom:

I totally agree! I live in FL and DH is looking for a job right now in Colorado. I CANNOT wait to be able to have yearly access to ski slopes!!!!!!!! I hate having only 1 season all year long (with the exception of 5-10 days of "cool" weather).

BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • kas80kas80 member

I love snow.  I love winter clothes, I love being bundled up, I love walking in it and I even like shoveling our walk.  With that said, I live in an area that only gets 1 or 2 big snows a year, maybe so I'm sure I'd feel differently if it snowed constantly from sept-april or something.  For me, snow is kind of a novelty.  We've had less than an inch of snow all winter this year which makes me really sad.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJ9melissa:
    imageSarahP15:
    WE cannot be friends.

Come on

• imageSarahP15:

I'll go ya one further.  I've never even seen the Goonies. 

• imagejkchs2003:

imageJ9melissa:
    imageSarahP15:
    WE cannot be friends.

Come on

Shut your mouth! No way!

And now I'm totally going to talk like Sloth the rest of the day.

forum
  • I hate a lot of shows people love, or seem to love.  I don't watch Realty TV unless it's cooking related, and even then I don't watch much (Top Chef mainly).  I hate Two and a Half Men, 2 Broke Girls, Big Bang Theory.  I've never even seen New Girl (though I think I could stomach that one) and I refuse to watch Modern Family because Sophia Vergara irritates the crud out of me.  I don't care how beautiful she is, her accent is too thick for how many commercials she's in.
  • imageMare0527:

imageSarahP15:

I'll go ya one further.  I've never even seen the Goonies. 

You both have issues. Wink 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • not "being a computer person" in today's day and age AND being a part of corporate america is unacceptable . i'm not saying you have to know everything there is about computers, but you need to know how to navigate a basic website, use outlook, and check your email. if you don't and you can't adapt you need to move on.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"