Babies on the Brain
Options

Ditching the BC

I am new to the board, but have been looking at your ladies post for awhile now. :) My hubby and I are taking a trip to Cali the middle of April and decided that would be a perfect time to 'not prevent' having a baby. 

Now the problem....when should I stop taking my pill?  I will finish the cycle but not sure if I should stop mid March or if I should stop the week before our trip?  I know everyone is different but I don't want AF to interrupt our trip.  Do you ladies have any input, or what happened when you first went off the pill?  (I have only been on it for 4 years now).  Thanks for the help!

Re: Ditching the BC

• Options
    I've heard you should stop 6 months before you actually TTC, but then I've also heard of women getting pg their first month off. A women on another board said she got pg on her first ovulation off the pill, but that first ovulation took 5 months to happen. My last month I was on it was Oct 2011 (after 11yrs on) and after a mistake in gauging ovulation this month we thought for sure it would happen, but AF just showed up last night. :( Anyway, I'd say, the sooner the better, if you are already at that point. Good luck....hope it works out bereft for you, than me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

You might be better going off BC after your trip. Don't want to ruin it with AF!

In my experience, before I had DD, my cycle regulated in one month off the pill. This time around, I've had wonky cycles for 4 months. Every woman's body will be different and you just never know.

Good luck!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ugh! Sorry, I'm posting from my phone. Didn't mean bereft...it was supposed to be better.:)
  • Options

When is your trip? Is mid March the time when you expect your current pack of pills to end? There is no way of knowing how long your first cycle off BC is going to be. Some people have regular cycles coming off BC and others it takes a couple months to kick in or they're irregular. I'd been on BC for 10 years prior to TTC #1 and I happened to get PG my first cycle off but it was a long cycle. And chances are slim that you'd happen to O during your trip anyway, it's something that's next to impossible to plan around a trip. You can stop your pills whenever you want, but keep in mind that stopping in the middle of a pack may cause a wacky first cycle. Either way, have fun on your trip!

• Options
    After I came off the pill it took 12 weeks to get AF and another 6 months for my cycles to become regular. GL.
    ~Those who do not believe in love at first sight have obviously never given birth~ <a href="http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j380/Caitlyn_Blake/?action=view
  • Options
    Thank you ladies so much! You guys have helped me sort through this.  It is totally new to me and I guess I just gotta start thinking about all of this more.  Good Luck to all of you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"