D.C. Area Babies

You know that you are at the end of your rope with the kids when...

...you beg your spouse to be the one to take out the garbage. Tonight is garbage night. I asked DH, can I PLEASE take out the garbage (which would mean he would keep an eye on the kids while I did this). I mean, I REALLY wanted to take out the garbage. Our house is a split level and there are 5 different floors from which to gather trash and recyclables. There are two diaper pails to empty. It's a lot of work and a lot of going up and down stairs. It's okay though because I got to do it alone with no kid screaming or whining in my ear. It was raining outside. I didn't care. I loved standing outside in the cold rain taking out the garbage. It was wonderful.

DH said, "Thanks so much for doing that.". I said with no sarcasm, "No, really, it was MY pleasure." 

[P.S. We have had a rough bout of sicknesses and my patience is waning. DD#2 had a double ear infection last Tuesday and completed her treatment of antibiotic but she's still been super fussy. DH took her today and she still has her ear infection. Every night when I get home from work, it's a chaotic mess of crying, whining, and stress. Fortunately, while I was in the basement taking out the garbage, I also filled up my wine glass from the box of wine I keep in the fridge down there. I think wine must've originally been invented for moms of little kids.]

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: You know that you are at the end of your rope with the kids when...

• lol, you poor thing! I hope everyone gets healthy soon and things get back to normal!!!

Also, I love the secret box of wine, I need to get one of those ;-)

• post of the day!

• Loading the player...
  • LOL! I have totally had those days.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagebh2720:

lol, you poor thing! I hope everyone gets healthy soon and things get back to normal!!!

Aww, thanks. And I've been wondering how *you* are doing. I hope Warner is adjusting better and that things are going well with your new little guy.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh man. A solitary job sounds divine. Lately bedtime has become a battle royale around here and dh and I have been known to argue over who gets to clean the kitchen vs. who does bedtime. Love your secret wine!
  • imagevtkendra:
    imagebh2720:

lol, you poor thing! I hope everyone gets healthy soon and things get back to normal!!!

Aww, thanks. And I've been wondering how *you* are doing. I hope Warner is adjusting better and that things are going well with your new little guy.

thanks :-) today was a better day...far fewer meltdowns from Warner. and the baby is just doing so great, I'm almost afraid to talk about it for fear of jinxing us! I'm still exhausted and achy all over, but I've definitely "bounced back" (if you can call it that) faster than I did after I had Warner. 

MIL is here until Friday and right now I'm more stressed out that than anything else. she totally means well, I know that, but she is driving me up the wall. and because I know she means well, it makes me feel like a terrible person that I'm basically counting the hours until she leaves, but I simply cannot wait. And this week sucks because DH basically had to go to work because of the big project that launched this week (great timing). He's been doing shorter days, but basically I'm home all day with MIL without DH as a buffer and I'm over it. 

• Dude, you need to leave the kids with DH, and go get a pedicure or something!
  • imagech ch ch chia:
    Dude, you need to leave the kids with DH, and go get a pedicure or something!
    Forget waiting for DH, leave them with your mil.
  • Vtkendra, I hope DD is feeling better. What a terrible week.
  • I love the secret box of wine!  Great idea :)

I have had those days - you have my sympathy.  There have been days that DH comes home and immediately goes to change while I deal with a screaming T and takes out the trash before I know what he's up to.  And those days make me cranky sometimes because I'd for sure rather be the one taking out the trash!

imageimageimage
  • imagevtkendra:

up my wine glass from the box of wine I keep in the fridge down there. I think wine must've originally been invented for moms of little kids.

Yes!  Yes

Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
  • Ha ha--thanks for the laugh!  I love these little snippets, to make me feel better when I am at the end of my rope.  Secret wine---genius!!! 
  • Totally have had those moments.  Sometimes I wonder if DH took over laundry to get some alone time in the basement.
  • Haha! DH and I usually argue about who gets to go to the grocery store on weekends :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"