April 2012 Moms
Options

It isn't even dinner time, what a day today!!

So if any of you are from Minnesota, you know what the roads were like today. For those in a sunnier climate, I envy you. Well, we had a pretty bad ice storm last night that left our roads in pretty poor shape for the morning commute. I was on my way to a Dr. appointment this morning, and only going about 40 mph on the free way and it still felt like I was off roading between the huge chunks of ice that adhered themselves to the freeway. When I tried to merge onto another freeway I ended up spinning out, crossing three lanes of traffic and ended up with half my car stuck in the snow bank and the other half jutting diagonally into oncoming traffic facing the wrong way. I am truly beyond blessed that I did not hit anyone or that no one hit me. Luckily someone pulled over got me free and I was able to drive away. Let me remind you this all happened during rush hour!! Then I get to my appointment, and of course my blood pressure is through the roof, I explain what just happened with spinning out and they insist on admitting me, (my clinic is in a hospital) so then I have to spend the next 3 hours in L&D being monitored. I guess better safe than sorry, But sheesh what a way to start my day!  It was all way too scary!!!
BabyName Ticker

Re: It isn't even dinner time, what a day today!!

• Options
    Oh man. I only have a 1 mile commute through Mpls, and it was pretty harrowing. It seemed like everybody at work had spent some time off-roading. It sucks to have to wait around in L&D, but I suppose it is better to be safe than sorry.
    Mom to little frog 8/07, Lucky Duck 5/10, & Little Lion 4/12
  • Options
    WI girl here so I know how bad the roads were today. I'm glad you and LO are ok. Sooooo ready for spring!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, how terrifying!! I hope you and your LO are all right!
  • Options
    OMG, that happened to me 2 years ago and somehow hit no one as I spun accrose 4 lanes of traffic. I'm so glad you were okay, I would have been an and absolute wreck after that happened and being pregnant. So glad you and LO are safe!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks everybody! Yes, we are doing fine!
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options

I'm glad you are okay!

I'm not looking forward to getting to my doctor's appointment tomorrow morning, because everything that was melting today is going to freeze overnight. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"