Multiples
Options

Estimated size of your babies at 30 wks

I'm bored and just curious what the estimated size of your babies were at 30/31 weeks and what they were when they were born? My u/s today estimated 3lb 10oz and 3lb 9oz. Which I think is good but wondering what that potentially means for their size at birth. Our hospital(1 hour from home) doesn't have a NICU and I'd prefer they not be sent 2 hours away from me! Docs goal is 36 weeks but I'd feel better about making it to 37, My DD was 8lb 14oz at 41 weeks.

Oh and I bombed my 3 hour test today so GD it is. Maybe that will make them bigger too!! Thanks for your input and reading my rambling!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Estimated size of your babies at 30 wks

• Options

Mine were 3lbs10oz and 3lbs14oz -- so almost 4lbs each -- at 30wks.

We will hopefully get another weight estimate this Friday.

It sounds like you grow good-sized kids, though!!  I'll bet you get about 6 if you go to 36/37 weeks :)

Also sorry to hear about the GD :( 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine were 2 lbs 14oz and 2lbs 11oz at exactly 30 weeks. I go back Monday to check their growth and I'm so curious to see how big they are now! Sorry about the GD, but it sounds like you have some great sized babies growing! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine were 3lbs.2oz and 3lbs.11oz at 30 weeks, 1 day.  Good luck!!
    PCOS, lupus anticoagulant, MTHFR (A1298C, one copy) 2 IUIs & 1 IVF = BFN FET#1 = It's a girl! Born 7.1.10 FET#2 = c/p FET#3 = Twin girls! Born on 3.16.12 at 33w2d due to severe pre-E. After 4 weeks in the NICU they are home! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

My kids were born just before 30 weeks. They were 3 lbs and 2 lbs 4 oz. There really wasn't a weight requirement though for discharge from the NICU. L & A came home at only 6 and 4 lbs, and were 36 weeks gestational age at that point. The NICU stays are based on multiple factors, but weight wasn't nearly as important as eating consistently, maintaining temperature, and not having any apnea spells, things like that. I saw babies born at 38 weeks that had to go the NICU even briefly, so there's really no guarantee that you'll avoid it or not based on gestational age at birth obviously.

Sounds like your kids are doing well. Big Smile

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Those are great sizes!! Mine were small especially my girl. They were just born Friday (34w2d) at 3lb 4oz and 4lb7oz. If they continue to grow like that (obviously you could get to 37 but 34-36 is the "big goal" I had to get to according to my doc) Your kids sound like they would be "big enough" but it also depends on gesationally if they are ready too, sounds like you just need to get further in weeks now and keep doing what you are doing to keep them "growing" because you are definitely doing very well! Basically what Josie said above me <: My kids are doing well because of gestation btw, my son "could come home" if he met all of his milestones at the weight he is but again at 34w they are just starting to suck/swallow food so we will be in there for a few weeks hopefully no more but we take it day by day <:
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

imagesnoangel79:
    Those are great sizes!! Mine were small especially my girl. They were just born Friday (34w2d) at 3lb 4oz and 4lb7oz. If they continue to grow like that (obviously you could get to 37 but 34-36 is the "big goal" I had to get to according to my doc) Your kids sound like they would be "big enough" but it also depends on gesationally if they are ready too, sounds like you just need to get further in weeks now and keep doing what you are doing to keep them "growing" because you are definitely doing very well! Basically what Josie said above me <: My kids are doing well because of gestation btw, my son "could come home" if he met all of his milestones at the weight he is but again at 34w they are just starting to suck/swallow food so we will be in there for a few weeks hopefully no more but we take it day by day <:

Congrats btw, and I hope they keep doing well and you get them home soon!! Ya I know there are a lot of factors I guess I just hate that they'd take them so far away but staying positive! Obviously if its needed I want them anywhere thats the safest place for them!! Thanks for all the input, trying to stay positive but hitting that I'm as big as a house, have GD, can't move blues ;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"