Austin Babies

Poll: If you BF'ed your baby at all...

Just curious, if you started out BF'ing your baby, what eventually made you decide to stop?  

[poll]

Re: Poll: If you BF'ed your baby at all...

• Add a "I got pg again" and "my baby self weaned when he was ready" and then I can vote. 
  • My kiddo self weaned around 9 mos, but I still pumped until 13 mos.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecarlinlp:
    Add a "I got pg again" and "my baby self weaned when he was ready" and then I can vote. 

doh! i meant to add baby self-weaned. doing that now. 

• A combo of two of the above. My supply was dwindling, but I had already surpassed my time goal so I just went with it and weaned. Had my supply kept up, I probably would have kept going it a bit longer.  
  • With Megan I was pg with Ryan and had bad morning sickness, and breastfeeding (especially let down) made me want to vomit :-(

With Ryan he's still nursing... so special snowflake on both I guess!

• I travel for work on a regular basis so that was messing with my supply plus the transporting all over the US wasn't fun either.

• I chose that I wanted to stop because I didn't like it anymore. I nursed and formula fed Molly for 6 months.

One of the primary reasons I stopped was because I have diabetes. I take oral meds and an injectable that are not compatible with breast feeding. While nursing, I had to be on insulin and it was wreaking havoc on my blood sugar swings as well as my struggle to lose weight. 

• I've got 2 answers. #1- low supply, and it hurt like HELL for 7 weeks.  #2 BFed for 4 months, hated it so I gave up.
  • A combo of meeting my time goal and being O-V-E-R it. Luke and I made it 17 months. I plan on going at least 12 with Desmond and playing it by ear after that.
  • SS--got pg again and had no milk +  with my sore pg boobs, it was the most.painful.thing.ever.

DS was 22 months, but it was still hard on me emotionally. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageACR:
    My kiddo self weaned around 9 mos, but I still pumped until 13 mos.

this, except DS self weaned at about 11 months.

• Mine is a mixture of supply issues/struggles with the pump and being VERY ANGRY at the pump.  :)

Oh, and one of my kids had a very long frenulum and I didn't think it was cool to BF one kid and not the other, so that led to me pumping...

• I didn't like it, but made it to my goal of 12 months each time.  After that, we took weaning very slowly.  I actually kept nursing DD for an extra month because I had scheduled a boudoir photog session and I wanted my bigger boobs for the pics.  Embarrassed  I'm naturally small chested.
  • imageAustinAggie01:
      I actually kept nursing DD for an extra month because I had scheduled a boudoir photog session and I wanted my bigger boobs for the pics.

YesYes 

• imagebrideonjuly8:

imageAustinAggie01:
      I actually kept nursing DD for an extra month because I had scheduled a boudoir photog session and I wanted my bigger boobs for the pics.

YesYes 

Thats photo dedication right there. Bravo.  

• imageAustinAggie01:
    I didn't like it, but made it to my goal of 12 months each time.  After that, we took weaning very slowly.  I actually kept nursing DD for an extra month because I had scheduled a boudoir photog session and I wanted my bigger boobs for the pics.  Embarrassed  I'm naturally small chested.

That's the greatest! I'm a FTM, so no nursing yet, just wanted to see other's reasons, LOVE IT!

BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • We stopped when LO weaned.

But, I wanted to say that, sweetie, if you want to stop, go ahead and stop.  It's ok.

• I never really nursed Leo, but I pumped for about three weeks. It just wasn't happening. Also, I effing hate pumping. Those that EP for any length of time - you are amazing. 

With Charlie I stopped because I had passed my goal and was just ready to be done. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • SS: got pregnant and milk supply tanked. I was 2 months past my best- case scenario goal of a year. 
    Dear Bump: You suck.
  • I can't answer, yet. DS is 14.5 months and still nurses 4-5x a day. My first goal was 6 months, then 12 and now I've decided I'll keep going until 18 months unless he weans or I get pregnant and dry up.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i'm going strong at 5+ months now, but things were looking kind of scary when i started back at work and me + pump =/= friends. for most of my IRL FTM friends who had babies last year, they stopped around 6 months because of pump/low supply. my sisters and maybe 2 or 3 friends are the only ones who i knew who made it to about a year, so i was just curious what the barriers were.

• I'm another SS.  #1 weaned when I was 20 weeks pregnant with #2.  #2 is never, ever going to wean.  Ever.
  • I got pg with #2 and my supply tanked.  I still nursed just once/day but quit cold turkey when I was sooooo sick with #2. 
    I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • imageAustinAggie01:
    I didn't like it, but made it to my goal of 12 months each time.  After that, we took weaning very slowly.  I actually kept nursing DD for an extra month because I had scheduled a boudoir photog session and I wanted my bigger boobs for the pics.  Embarrassed  I'm naturally small chested.

Awesome!

I stopped when I got PG again,  but really I was only nursing once a day and probably didn't produce much milk.  #2 is still nursing 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SS: I dried up completely by the time he was 10ish months old. I wanted to make it to a year, so next time I'll be preventing pregnancy until then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • He got teeth... very sharp teeth.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagedrpayne:
    He got teeth... very sharp teeth.

ouch!!! 

• We nursed ~32 months.  One of DD's caps came off of her front teeth and it is a sharplittle***  They had shaved it down for the cap.  ouch!

We were only doing a brief am session, sometimes skipping a day.  There was surpisingly little fussing.  I just explained to her that she was a big girl and that she could still touch them and give them kisses and hugs when she needed to (only when were at home).

She still asks for 'numnums' sometimes and then informs me they are for babies and she is a big girl.

Whatever you decide is the right choice for you and your family.

GL

Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm still nursing my twins at almost 5 months, but we've had to supplement with formula since day 1.  I pump at work and nurse at home, but the writing is on the wall.  I'll keep it up as long as is practical, but when we stop, it'll be for supply issues.  I love being able to nurse my little ones and will be sad when I can't do it anymore.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"