Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Sleep Training

Does anyone have advice on sleep training?  My daugher will be 1 in just under 2 weeks.  She was a great sleeper when she was very small but after 6 months she stopped sleeping thru the night.  My biggest issue lately is as soon as I get her to sleep and I feel she is out I try to put her down in her crib and majority of the time she wakes up right away.  Occasionaly she will stay asleep but lately it only last around 30 mins and then she is awake and crying again.  So she ends up in bed with me because atleast then she'll fall back to sleep and I can get sleep as well.  Ideally I want to put her in her crib at bedtime (awake or asleep) and be able to leave her in there to fall asleep on her own without her crying her eyes out.  She is pretty dramatic when you leave her in there now.  I hate hearing her cry - we've tried it a few times only for about 30 minutes maximum.  I've had people say they will cry them selves to sleep but this has never happened with our daughter.  Does anyone have any advice?  I had a week off a couple of months ago and I worked with her on sleeping in her crib and thru the night - she did it for about 6 days and then she came down with a cold and it screwed up all the progress we'd made.  I know she can do it, but for some reason lately she is just more sensative to being put down...?? Thanks in advance.

Re: Sleep Training

• Options
    Agreed.  Read the book above or Ferber.  Don't try sleep training without understanding what method you want to try and sticking to it, because then you are more likely to cave in.  And like PP said, your daughter now knows if she cries long enough, you will take her to bed with you.  It will only get harder as she gets older and more determined, so if you are unhappy with the sleeping situation then I'd look into sleep training.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"