Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Part-time job ideas?

Any ideas?  I need a part-time job to bring in some extra income.  I'm hoping to not work retail, although that may be an option I have to consider because I'm only available in the morning, maybe 20-25 hours per week.  I prefer to work during the week, of course, if at all possible.

Just curious if there's any other creative ideas that would offer more than minimum wage?

I'm considering trying to find a real estate agent that needs a part-time, non-licensed assistant, for example, to help with their administrative needs.

Take a chance. Take a risk. Take the initiative. Make your wishes a reality and make your dreams come true!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Part-time job ideas?

• What field did you work in before kids? My first part time job was working in my field 15 hours a week. I recently quit that because they wanted me to work more hours though.

I now waitress 2 nights a week since I wanted to be home 100% of the time during the day. I make about $20/hr doing that. Maybe look into waitressing at a busy breakfast restaurant if you want morning hours?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I waitressed right out of college I made really good money at breakfast time.  I don't know what else you could do that would bring in a good amount of money.

• Loading the player...
  • As PP said, what did you do before?

I'm not sure if you would want to do this kind of labor, but I know someone who works at UPS. They work EARLY morning (I think around 3-4am until 8am) 5 days a week. It doesn't pay much, I think it pays around $9-10 an hour. She loads the truck in the am, packages are usually no more than 25 lbs.

You could call local doctor offices, dentists and see if they need morning receptionists (since IMO most people call in the am to make appts).

You could work as a merchandise display clerk in retail (early morning hours like 6 am -noon for example) and set up displays, fold clothes, etc.

Thats all I can think of-GL! 

• I work sat/sun 4:30am-11am in a wholesale floral warehouse.  You could look for something like that.  It's not retail, but it is hard work. 

With your schedule limits and your part-time status, maybe a restaurant or little cafe (or Starbucks) might also work.  I'd consider that retail though.  Or a temp agency in the field you left or a field you like.  

• I did mostly administrative.  (computer work, word/excel, phones, customer service)

I am thinking about contacting a temp agency, as well. 

Take a chance. Take a risk. Take the initiative. Make your wishes a reality and make your dreams come true!

• Creative ideas: 

You can be a part-time freelance writer with Hyperink: https://www.hyperink.com/jobs.

Or if you have a topic to write about (like if you're expert on something, I guess maybe even being a mom, you can publish a book with them): https://www.hyperink.com/platform

I'm pretty sure both can be done electronically (work at home). 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"