Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Double Stroller allowed at Airport?

We have a BabyJoggoer City Mini Double Stroller and I was wondering if it's allowed as a "carry-on" (well, wheeled to the aircraft where the flight attendant takes it to the cockpit).  It folds pretty flat but I am not sure if they allow it.  Anyone travelled with a double stroller before?

Re: Double Stroller allowed at Airport?

• Options
    I haven't travelled with mine before, but I really can't imagine them turning it down. It's the parents with twins or 2 closely aged children that need strollers past security the most, so you'd think they'd accept doubles. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Not that specific double stroller, but I've always been able to wheel right up to the plane with mine. Unload, fold, and pick it back up after the flight, almost right where I left it. Think about packing any accessories separately, so that nothing gets lost (ie a tray that removes completely).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Many are starting to put weight limits to the strollers for ones that can be gate checked. Check with your specific airline. This  what I found.

The only strollers that can now be gate checked on American Airlines flights are collapsible strollers under 20 lbs. 

Children can be transported in their strollers throughout the airport. However, strollers must be checked at the gate. No strollers of any size are permitted as carry-on baggage. Your child's stroller will be delivered to you at the aircraft door upon request at your connecting city or destination. Large-sized, non-collapsible strollers cannot be checked at the gate. Please see a United representative at the airport check-in counter to check your large-sized, non-collapsible stroller.

Continental

Infant and Child Articles

One of the following infant articles may be carried on board, in addition to the maximum carry-on baggage allowance:

• Diaper Bag
    • Small Collapsible Stroller (space permitting)
    • Government-Approved Child Seat (infant carrying seat or car seat)

Strollers and Car Seats as Checked Baggage

Continental accepts one stroller or one carseat in addition to a customer's baggage allowance. When checked as baggage, all oversize and overweight charges will apply. First and second bag fees do not apply to either a stroller or a car seat. Continental is not liable for damage to strollers. Excess Valuation may not be purchased for strollers.
    Note: If you are traveling with a stroller and a carseat in addition to the baggage allowance, only one of these items is carried free of charge.

Infants traveling internationally on 10 percent of an adult fare will be granted a free baggage allowance of one stroller or one carseat and one other item (linear dimensions must not exceed 62 inches (157 cm) and weight must not exceed 50 lbs (23 kg). If the Infant's free baggage allowance is exceeded, the excess will become part of the fare paying adult's baggage allowance and all restrictions and excess charges will apply.

Soutwest

Strollers and Child Restraint Systems (CRSs) or Car Seats

• Customers traveling with children will be allowed to check one stroller and one Child Restraint System (CRS) or car seat per child without charge. This is in addition to the regular free baggage allowance.
    • The stroller and CRS or car seat allowance applies to any type of stroller (umbrella, full size, jogging stroller, etc.) and CRS or car seat.
    • The Customer may check the stroller and CRS or car seat at the curb, ticket counter, or gate.
    • Southwest Airlines will not assume liability for damage to strollers, CRSs or car seats. Each should be tagged as conditionally accepted and placed in a plastic bag.

HTH

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have seen people travelling with double strollers in the terminals. That being said I know a few airlines have recently put a 20 lb weight limit on strollers so you might want to check with your airline.
    imageimageimageimage
  • Options

Wow...thanks for posting this!  I need to check with the airline to see if they have a weight limit.

• Options
    Does it go in the cockpit? I thought they took them to the cargo hold.
  • Options
    LOL, bb! Cockpit...it goes in the hold last, just before they close the doors. OP, def. check the weight/dimensions for the airline you are using. Having said that, I've checked my Chariot, which is huge. The airline I usually fly on has no size restrictions on strollers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"