1st Trimester
Options

Eczema? Rash?

Just rounding out the 1st trimester and noticed a few small bumps after slathering on the Palmer's last week.  Small patches of bumps which I thought might be a heat rash since they are on my torso, under my right breast.  It's gotten increasingly worse and itches like nobody's business!  It has spread and now is a series of four red patches of these tiny bumps.  My DP seems to think its eczema.  Is this possible?  Can Eczema just pop up when I've never had it before?  Any thought to just being a heat rash since I have YET to upgrade my brassiere and am starting to look like I'm wearing a cheese cutter.  Maybe the damn thing is finally too TIGHT.  Thoughts?
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Eczema? Rash?

• Options
    I had eczema as a baby, then it went away. Until I got pregnant-about 1/2 way through my 2nd trimester, I had the worst rash ever from my belly to my feet.  Eczema responds to hormonal changes in your body and can flare up randomly
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemabenner1:
    I had eczema as a baby, then it went away. Until I got pregnant-about 1/2 way through my 2nd trimester, I had the worst rash ever from my belly to my feet.  Eczema responds to hormonal changes in your body and can flare up randomly

Same here. Luckily, mine was just a small patch on my leg. It went away as soon as C was born.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had rashy itchy patches to my back and chest since becoming preggo too. The only thing that seems to help is Cetaphil lotion for atopic skin and eczema. It really helps soothe the itching. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersPregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've gotten this with previous pregnancies. Try some hydrocortisone creme. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I forgot to ask my doctor about this at my first appointment last week. I've had a funny rash between my breasts too. It looks like the skin is dried out and red, but mine doesn't itch at all, it just looks ugly.  However, I've had it for about a year and haven't asked a doctor because it hasn't been bothersome.  I'm thinking though that it has to do with my bra and as someone else mentioned, hydocortisone cream seems to work.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker PersonalMilestone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"