June 2011 Moms
Options

s/o names: what's the worst name or youneek spelling you've seen?

On FB, I saw someone who named their son "Izayah". Great name, awful spelling.
Lilypie - (eo79)
 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: s/o names: what's the worst name or youneek spelling you've seen?

• Options

Allexys...youneek

Z'Antha...worst

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't see this personally, but my friend who is in med school had a pediatric patient named La'Dynasty. Except that her name was written on the chart as "LADYNASTY." She walked into the room and asked "how are you feeling this morning Lady Nasty?" The mom was so p!ssed.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagetaitai07:
    I didn't see this personally, but my friend who is in med school had a pediatric patient named La'Dynasty. Except that her name was written on the chart as "LADYNASTY." She walked into the room and asked "how are you feeling this morning Lady Nasty?" The mom was so p!ssed.

Lol...Awesome. The Mom didn't see that coming before she named her poor child this?

• Options

Our daycare also has a 'Paitin' as well as a 'Mackston'.  There are a few other...odd ones. 

At least with Stella's name, there really are no other spelling options (although I'm sure someone could come up with something different).

On a side note.  My cousin's name is Holie.  Why is it spelled that way?  Because my uncle did not know how to spell Holly.  No joke.

• Options
    Queen Elizabeth
  • Options
    A FB friend has a DD named Mahkenna. Its not the worst name out there, but it still bugs me. I think its because Mahkenna's Mommy can't spell anything and I always think her daughter will forever be stuck with another one of her Mom's spelling errors. I imagine her sounding out the name when she was picking it and spelling it phonetically.
  • Options

imagetaitai07:
    "how are you feeling this morning Lady Nasty?"

• Options
    I taught a girl named Dusty Rhoades.  And a girl named Candance.  Not Candace--Can Dance.  And a Kaylib. (boy)
  • Options

imagetaitai07:

OMG, Ladynasty wins hands down! lol

The most complicated names I've ever seen were Thai names. They are like 20 letters long and impossible to pronounce! Thank goodness my IL's chose a short name for DH (even though his name is a little weird too) 

DH went to a conference once in Thailand and the man sitting next to him's name was Sucksawang. I kid you not. DH called me from the lobby giggling and laughing like a little school girl. He said it took all his mortal power not to laugh in the guys face when he read his name tag.  

• Options

imagetaitai07:

:dead:

Lilypie - (eo79)
  • Options
    The most bizarre one I've seen is Square, but they pronounced it "Sqwa-ray".
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    A girl I went to HS with named her daughter Mattingly... which just seems weird to me.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Rondae and Ronday-- twins, boy girl

My mother used to work with a Female- pronounces Fa Mah Lay - the story was they hadn't decided on a name when she was born, and when the baby came from the nursery in an incubator marked "Last Name, Female" they thought the hospital named the baby for them.

• Options
    imagebunnymama625:

My mother used to work with a Female- pronounces Fa Mah Lay - the story was they hadn't decided on a name when she was born, and when the baby came from the nursery in an incubator marked "Last Name, Female" they thought the hospital named the baby for them.

Have you told that story before? It sound familiar.

• Options
    Surprisingly, in all my years of teaching, I haven't had any students with horribly "youneek" names.  I did have an Axel once...but I kind of thought it worked for him.
  • Options
    imagejkchs2003:
    imagebunnymama625:

I have heard that story many times from different sources. 

• Options
    imageMagenta728:

imagetaitai07:

:dead:

I know!! I died laughing the first time she told the story. She has many great med school stories, but this one is my favorite to steal :-)

• Options
    imagejkchs2003:
    imagebunnymama625:

I was thinking the same thing! lol

• Options
    imageMrsPrevost:
    imagejkchs2003:
    imagebunnymama625:

Really? I wonder if they are all from the same woman or if this is a common mistake? I met her-- she fortunately had a sense of humor about it :)

• Options
    imagebunnymama625:
    imageMrsPrevost:
    imagejkchs2003:
    imagebunnymama625:

Really?I wonder if they are all from the same woman or if this is a common mistake? I met her-- she fortunately had a sense of humor about it :)

You actually met this woman named Female? That's crazy and so cool at the same time! I always heard it was an urban legend, but no one had ever actually met one.

Lilypie - (eo79)
  • Options
    imagebunnymama625:
    imageMrsPrevost:
    imagejkchs2003:
    imagebunnymama625:

Really? I wonder if they are all from the same woman or if this is a common mistake? I met her-- she fortunately had a sense of humor about it :)

It could have already made it onto a web post or something and was so funny everyone shared! I am assuming this woman is an adult, so that is many years of people talking about her name.I think it was on this board way back when we were all still pregnant and picking names. I know my co workers have mentioned it too.

• Options

I might have posted about it when we were preg :) I'm sure we had lots of threads about names then :)

Yes-- I've met her-- my mother worked with her for a few years-- she lives in Putnam County, NY.

I thought of another-- my cousin and I went to camp with sisters, Melody and Harmony-- their parents were music teachers-- they were super sweet girls.

• Options
    imagebunnymama625:

My friend taught a little boy named "noname" - pronounced "no nom ay", she assumes the same kind of thing happened to him.

She has also taught a "shithead" pronounced shy thee ed, "babygirl" and "lovetyz" pronounced love tease.  

imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I am a teacher, this year's winner:

Jetter, oh no, not jetter, as in like an airplane....pronounced Jeter, as in Derek Jeter.  His parents are obsessed Yankee fans but apparently didn't check the spelling!

Kam'Ron (awful spelling)

Champange, Fantasia, Kiandreeis (Key-on-dree-ese)

• Options

There was a family at my school where the 2 boys were named James (after dad) and the daughter was Jamesha (again, I after dad, I guess).  It reminded me of George Foreman.  I had Jamesha in my class.  

I've had a Shantambrenikwa.  Sweet little girl- couldn't spell her name when she came to me, poor thing.  

I had a TeKeyah Rose once- kept wanting to call her Tequila.  

There is a Cavasia in 3rd grade right now.  

I friend of mine had a Kia Sephia in her 2nd grade class several years ago.  

I had a Tea once (pronounced Tia), and a Tittyanna (pronounced Tatiana).

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.   

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    imageMagenta728:
    imagebunnymama625:
    imageMrsPrevost:
    imagejkchs2003:
    imagebunnymama625:

Really?I wonder if they are all from the same woman or if this is a common mistake? I met her-- she fortunately had a sense of humor about it :)

You actually met this woman named Female? That's crazy and so cool at the same time! I always heard it was an urban legend, but no one had ever actually met one.

I always thought it was an urban legend too.  I've heard that story before - for a few years.  Well, not necessarily the story, but the name Female and pronunciation.

Just like, I also have heard the name La-A (La Dash Ah) from multiple sources so I've always assumed another UL.  Now I wonder.

I also would have thought Nevaeh was a made up UL as well but it's on lists! 

• Options
    There's a cashier at my local grocery store named Kashay. That's probably my favorite. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imageTelly21182:

I also would have thought Nevaeh was a made up UL as well but it's on lists! 

I have a Nevaeh this year.  Sweetest, smartest, prettiest girl you ever did meet.  I'd take 20 of her.  Changed my entire opinion of the name :)

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    imagejust kita:
    imagebunnymama625:

My friend taught a little boy named "noname" - pronounced "no nom ay", she assumes the same kind of thing happened to him.

She has also taught a "shithead" pronounced shy thee ed, "babygirl" and "lovetyz" pronounced love tease.  

I call shenanigans on your friend. Stick out tongue

• Options

I've posted these before, but here are some awful spellings (all siblings):
    Kailynne
    Alexyiss
    Addacynn
    Koletonn

Names that are just NMS:
    Kyus

There are more that I'm just not thinking of right now...

• Options
    My friend used to be a phlebomitist and worked in the NICU. On his chart the name of the baby said "Chocolate Mattress". When he went to draw blood, he said "Okay, Miss Chocolate Mattress, just one little stick." The mother FREAKED, screamed at him and said "Her name is Chocolate (pronounced Shock-a-latte) Mattress (pronounced Mah-trese)!!!!!" He was mortified! We still joke about shock-a-latte mah-trese constantly.
  • Options
    We were at Golden Corral one time and there was a mom sitting next to us calling for her daughter Sha'Diamond. The little girl looked about 10. I felt horrible that her mom named her that. DH husband an his friends that were with us still make fun of the name.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers Met my soulmate 3/18/2006, married him 9/26/2009 Baby L 11/06 Natural M/C Baby L 2.0 9/08 Natural M/C Lily 6/2/11 6 lbs 12oz
  • Options

I was a teacher's assistant for a class when I was in high school.  One student's name was Precious Unique.

I was also in high school with someone named Harry Quach (say it out loud...).

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I got nothin, but this thread had me rolling.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageamberpro:

I friend of mine had a Kia Sephia in her 2nd grade class several years ago.  

Coudn't they have gone for Alexus, Bently, Porshe instead???

• Options
    Oh I got one.  My mom has a friend who named her son "Prince Charles".  I grew up with the little boy and even when I was 10 I thought it was a strage name.
  • Options
    At work, I know a girl named Brittanniee. That's not a bad name, but she has to spell it ALL THE TIME. ("Two t's, two n's, two e's.")
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageSarahP15:
    I got nothin, but this thread had me rolling.

• Options
    Justyn, Prestyn, Zaylynn, Zaydyn..I seen a horrible one a few days ago that I really wanted to tell you girls about and now I can't remember!!
  • Options

imagebluejill15:
    My friend used to be a phlebomitist and worked in the NICU. On his chart the name of the baby said "Chocolate Mattress". When he went to draw blood, he said "Okay, Miss Chocolate Mattress, just one little stick." The mother FREAKED, screamed at him and said "Her name is Chocolate (pronounced Shock-a-latte) Mattress (pronounced Mah-trese)!!!!!" He was mortified! We still joke about shock-a-latte mah-trese constantly.

This is AWESOME. Hahahahaha!

I used to teach and have had some zingers, but can't seem to remember a lot of them now. I've had several children named Heaven and Nevaeh. I also have taught Marquis (pronounced mar-queese, which always sounded like qu**f to me, not to be graphic), Marquavius, Jaquavius... Just kind of different I guess. 

I had a beautiful little Italian girl named MiaBella ("my beautiful" in Italian). Unusual name but lovely, also!

My mom also teaches and she has had a Paige Turner (page turner, just weird) and a Winter Storm. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"