June 2011 Moms
Options

March is endometriosis awareness month

March 1st I will wear yellow to show my support to the millions of women worldwide who suffer from this disease that has no cure, causes infertility, can cause chronic debilitating  pain for some and that affects as many as 1 in 10 (maybe more!).  Please feel free to wear yellow tomorrow to help spread awareness :) I'll still love you if you don't Wink

I am one of those women and I know there are several other June Mamas out there who have it as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: March is endometriosis awareness month

• Options
    I have it too.  Although I suspect our issues were more male factor than anything and mine hasn't bothered me since my second surgery.
  • Options
    Frick! I have no yellow clothes. I'll try to find a ribbon :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagegymnst1013:
    I have it too.  Although I suspect our issues were more male factor than anything and mine hasn't bothered me since my second surgery.

you are very lucky, Gym.  Mine hasn't been too bad since my last surgery in Feb '09, and I'm sure being pregnant helped a lot.  I'm dreading the day it returns full force though Crying  I'm thinking if I'm not pregnant by then it will be hysterectomy time.  yay for early menopause Confused

• Options

I'm sorry you ladies have to suffer from this. One of my friends had it as well. I will dig out the yellows for ya!!

• Options

imagehepcats:
    Frick! I have no yellow clothes. I'll try to find a ribbon :)

or a post-it? Wink

• Options
    imagejenny_jeff:

imagegymnst1013:

you are very lucky, Gym.  Mine hasn't been too bad since my last surgery in Feb '09, and I'm sure being pregnant helped a lot.  I'm dreading the day it returns full force though Crying  I'm thinking if I'm not pregnant by then it will be hysterectomy time.  yay for early menopause Confused

No :(  I hope that's not the case!!  I forget, are you BFing?  That is supposed to help it out a lot.

• Options
    Will do. Do you mind if I copy your awareness pix for my siggy?
  • Options
    imagegymnst1013:
    imagejenny_jeff:

imagegymnst1013:

No :(  I hope that's not the case!!  I forget, are you BFing?  That is supposed to help it out a lot.

YUP!!! Big Smile 9 months tomorrow!!!  AF started coming back in January though...the first wasn't so back but the second one at the beginning of February was INSANELY heavy...not too painful but definitely some cramps.

• Options

imageimoverit:
    Will do. Do you mind if I copy your awareness pix for my siggy?

of course I don't! Yes

• Options
    I have it and didndt know that March was awareness month. I had my first pp period in October. I have yet to even take tylenol. It could be the BF, but I have noticed a distinct difference. HUGS
  • Options

Bummer, I don't work tomorrow! I work over the weekend, though, so I'll try and find something to wear on my scrubs- we see lots of women with endo at my clinic, so I think it would only be appropriate.

Thanks for sharing :) 

• Options

imageLaRue86:
    I have it and didndt know that March was awareness month. I had my first pp period in October. I have yet to even take tylenol. It could be the BF, but I have noticed a distinct difference. HUGS

Sadly, lots of people don't.  Which is why we need to raise awareness! Stick out tongue

So glad you're not dealing with pain right now!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"