1st Trimester
Options

Day Care - Suffolk County NY

Hello!

I am 6 weeks, 5 days pregnant and I am already thinking about day care.  Has anyone started looking into Day Care?  I hear there are wait lists for some and since I will unfortunately be going back to work 3 months after the baby is born, I figured I should start now. 

Does anyone live on Long Island, Suffolk County that could recommend a Day Care?

Re: Day Care - Suffolk County NY

• Options
    I cant, but I just wanted to say I'm from Suffolk County, but I live in Orlando now. I was born in Huntington. Actually Huntington Hosp. My uncle is a Suffolk County Police Officer. :) NY Love! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hi!  And welcome!

This board is used by women all over the country--and the world.  You'd probably find better info on your local bump board, which would probably be upstate New York, right?  Here's a link!

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/4550259/ShowForum.aspx 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm from Huntington too (grew up there, I live in the city now) and was also born at Huntington Hospital. I went to the YMCA but that was oh, 30 years ago AND it's pre-K
    imageimageBabyFruit Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Options
    I'm lurking but I saw your post and wanted to say that I currently live in Suffolk County. I use to work at Kindercare in Bohemia and would recommend many of the Kindercares in the area. They did not have a waiting list that I'm aware of.

"Love is what makes pain bearable." - I love you my Angels. 
    **All After a Loss Welcome**
    BFP #1: 6/25/09 EDD 2/13/10 @ 6 weeks- Saw HB @ 9 weeks - DS born 2/11/10 (39w5d)
    BFP #2: 2/20/13 EDD 11/4/13 - Saw HB 3/19/13 (7w2d) - MMC discovered 4/13/13 (10w5d) - Est. loss @ 9w3d - D&C 4/14/13
    BFP #3: 12/19/13 (4 w1d) EDD 8/27/14 - 1/1/14 discovered it was ectopic/ tube had burst/ had surgery to remove tube (@ 6 weeks)
    BFP #4: 9/10/14 (3w6d) EDD 5/21/15 - natural MC 9/23/14 @ 5w5d
    BFP #5: 11/23/14 (3w3d) EDD 8/4/15 - Please be our Rainbow!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Sorry, OP, I have no answer to your question, just wanted to say hi to fellow Long Islanders!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD1 - july 2008
    DD2 - may 2010
    DS - sept 2012
  • Options

Same here....hi LI bumpees!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My sister worked at a great daycare called Rainbow Chimes. It's in Huntington. Beautiful facilities, well trained staff, nice playground, great curriculum. She left to become a private nanny but still has nice things to say about it. I am a SAHM but if I needed to put my DS in daycare that is where I would place him.
    Photobucket
    Husband and I are both carriers of Delta F508, one of the many mutations that cause Cystic Fibrosis. We pray for a cure.
    D-IUI #1 September 2011 ~ BFN D-IUI #2 October 2011 ~ BFP!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "Maybe you don't need the whole world to love you, ya know. Maybe you only need one person." Kermit the Frog
  • Options
    From Long Island, Sayville. Dont know daycares but have friends that would babysit :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"