Baby Names
Options

How to honor a Patricia

DD#1's name completely honors my family (Everett is my dad and grandad, Jane is for my mom, Janet).  So the next child really needs to honor my husband's family in some way.  We have had no problem figuring out a boy name, but the girl options are really stumping me.

MIL is Patricia.  I really dislike the name (and dislike Tricia even more).  Any clever ways to somehow honor it?

Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

Re: How to honor a Patricia

• Options
    How about Patrice or Patrina ?
  • Options
    What's her middle name?  H's mom is Patricia and I'm not a fan of it, but I would use her MN (May) as a MN for a future daughter.  and funny bc my mom is Janet - and I would never use Janet, but I'd use Jane, Janie or Jeanette. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Does she have a nice middle name?  Or could her maiden name work?

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagemrsbecky07:
    What's her middle name?  H's mom is Patricia and I'm not a fan of it, but I would use her MN (May) as a MN for a future daughter.  and funny bc my mom is Janet - and I would never use Janet, but I'd use Jane, Janie or Jeanette. 

I, too, dislike the name Patricia. Fingers crossed your MIL has a nice middle name. 

• Options
    DH's mother died when he was 8, she was named Patricia.  Neither of us like it that much so we're using her middle name, Ann.  I think Patrice is ok, Patsy is cute, I hate Tricia.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Patrick means "nobleman" so maybe you could use a female name that means "noble"

Adela

Adara

Adelaide

Arwen

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options
    I can only think of Patience. Not really a fan of it either...I'd definitely have to only honor her with a middle name.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options

Are you for sure having another girl?  I love the name Patrick it is a very strong and not so common name anymore. :(

I do like Patsy for a name, or how about another name starting with a P. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemrsbecky07:
    I want to honor my grandmother with this baby and her name is Patricia, I do not care for that name that much either so we will be using her middle name Mae for this baby's middle name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    What about using it as a middle name?  My sister is Megan Patricia.  Patricia is for my grandmother.  It's a tough name.  I've thought about it as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Oct Angel Babies
  • Options

I'm in the deep South (you may be too judging by your GT photo) and a common way to honor a MIL here is by using her maiden name or her mother's name, if she got along well with her mother.

If you want to stick with using the name she goes by, I think Patrice could be a lovely middle name as well.

I know some would disagree with me on this, but I think anything too clever, like using just the first letter of Patricia or by using something that has the same meaning is like saying "I wanted to honor you but I didn't like your name."

• Options

Here's a list of all names related to Patrice. It's not much and most have been suggested.

https://www.behindthename.com/name/patrice-1/related

Here's a list of all female names with the word 'noble' in the meaning somewhere. this looks much more promising.

https://www.behindthename.com/php/search.php?nmd=mdu&terms=noble

Or you could just give her the middle name Noble as a more direct approach. A middle name spot is a great way to be a bit more adventurous and can act like a hidden gem. Practice telling her name story and see if 'her grandmother's name means noble' works for you. GL!

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
    Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
    Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"