Minnesota Babies

Picking a pediatrician?

Hi everyone,

I'm due in April with our first baby and I'm a little overwhelmed at trying to find a doctor for our baby after she is born.  For myself, I've always just picked a clinic that was close to where I lived and got whoever had space available for new patients and was a woman.  :)  I feel like I should put a little more effort into finding our baby's doctor but I don't have the energy to do a huge search plus interviews.

Did anyone just pick a ped that was close to them?  Am I overthinking this?  Do most family practice docs also do babies? Does anyone bring their child/ren to a family practice doctor?

Or does anyone have a recommendation for a pediatrician in the Roseville/NE Minneapolis/Columbia Heights area?

Thanks!

Re: Picking a pediatrician?

• This post makes me laugh, that's how I picked my doctors!

With my son we used our family practice doctor and she was great, I'd say if you have a doctor you go to and like go with her.  It's nice to have a doctor who sees everyone and knows family history etc.

But if you don't go to the doctor much yourself and haven't really landed on a doctor, I  might just pick a pediatrician and don't be afraid to switch after the first appt if need be.  We moved to a new county and I'm now taking both of mine to a pediatrician, most are great with kids and know all of the "kid tricks".  However, the first pediatrician I went to I wasn't a fan of and actually switched to another one once Eliza was born and I'm glad I did!

Don't know if that helps at all!  Early congrats : )

• Our pedi was initially a family practice doctor and was my mom and sister's doctor.  They loved her and she saw kids so we went to her and fell in love.  She went to all pediatrics last fall and switched clinics.  We saw a different doctor after she moved and it just wasn't the same, not bad, just not right.  We drive 30 minutes to see her now.

In Roseville there is a Central/Priority Pediatrics on Larpenteur and Snelling.  I've heard excellent things about them (we use the Woodbury location for urgent care and have always been happy). 

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • If you really like your family practice doctor, there's nothing wrong with sending your LO there too. 

I didn't put a huge amount of effort into the search for a pediatrician. I looked at the websites for some local clinics and made a "meet the ped" appt to make sure we liked the doctor we chose. Good luck!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"