D.C. Area Babies
Options

Has anyone been to the Launch Zone at the Nat. Harbor?

https://www.ncm.museum/launch_zone

It's only about a 30 minute drive for us to get there, which is way better than going to the Playseum or the Richmond Children's museum.  I know it's tiny though.  If you've been, would you say that my kids are in the age range, or are they too young?  What else is there for kids to do in the National Harbor?

Re: Has anyone been to the Launch Zone at the Nat. Harbor?

• Options
    See HeyJellisy's post in Sofka's Gaylord post below ;)  Sounds worth a trip on a nice day.
  • Options
    LOL.  Perhaps I should read posts instead of creating them.  :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you want to do other stuff while you're at National Harbor, I'd wait 'til it gets a little warmer.  It's been REALLY windy every time we've been there (often Dec. or Feb.) and there's no way I'd want to take a kid to play on the Awakening scuplture in cold wind off the river.  I don't think there's really a whole lot for kids at NH unless you're doing something at the Gaylord.
    imageimageimage
  • Options

We live across the river from National Harbor.  We took the kids last fall when there was some kind of event at the Launch Zone.  They had a few tables set up for crafts, make-your-own maracas, balloons, etc.  My DD was just about 2 at the time and had fun, but I think it was really aimed for older kids.  We spent about a half an hour there.  I don't know what they have at the Launch Zone when there is not a special event.  My son was not walking yet, so he didn't do much.

Other than the event, we got lunch at Elevation Burger and walked around a few shops. 

When I was on maternity leave with DD, I took her over there a few times to walk through the Gaylord hotel and on the docks out to the water.  It was really because I lived pretty close and needed an outing everyday. 

Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"