Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

NBR: Recommend your coffee maker please

I have a Mr. Coffee basic cheap one right now (had it for a couple of years) and I make 2 pots most days and they're always different tasting. I do the same thing every time so I figure it's the machine.

Anyone know of a decent pot that makes consistently good coffee?

( I don't really want a keurig since I drink so much coffee)

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: Recommend your coffee maker please

• Options

This isn't really a coffee maker, but have you ever tried a French Press? Hands down the best coffee I've ever tasted, and it's fast and easy.

They sell them for pretty cheap (and pretty big, if you don't drink a lot) at places like Target, and you can get the coffee press grind from any local coffee shop.

Just a thought.

• Options

I actually have a French Press and I might be the only person in the world who doesn't like the coffee it makes.

I tried everything, did lots of research and nothing. It just takes silty to me (is that a word?)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

LOL I actually have a French press as well since I only have one cup and my DH has the other so we don't have to make a huge pot of coffee.

I would suggest cleaning your coffee pot. Sounds like it could be dirty. If you run some white vinegar through it to clean it out. Sometimes coffee tannin buildup can make your coffee taste bitter. If you drink plenty of coffee though, my Dad has a maker by Zojiroushu (I think that's how you spell it) and they make excellent coffee pots.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • Options

Keurig: 2 mins = hot cup of coffee, creamer, splenda, grab the baby carrier and diaper bag and out the door!  =)

I know you said you drink a lot of coffee so you didn't want a Keurig... I don't know if you meant because of the $$$ or having coffee ready on demand.  But you can get regular coffee to put in a personal K Cup.  MUCH cheaper!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a cuisinart and I and everyone loves the coffee it makes.
  • Options
    imageMegan0426:

Keurig: 2 mins = hot cup of coffee, creamer, splenda, grab the baby carrier and diaper bag and out the door!  =)

I know you said you drink a lot of coffee so you didn't want a Keurig... I don't know if you meant because of the $$$ or having coffee ready on demand.  But you can get regular coffee to put in a personal K Cup.  MUCH cheaper!

We have a Keurig also and I love it! You can buy the k-cups or you can just use regular coffee grounds... it is ready in minutes, no mess, fast, and easy! I am in love!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
                                  Madison & Rylee
                             All of me loves all of you!
  • Options
    imageroxpink:
    imageMegan0426:

We have a Keurig also and I love it! You can buy the k-cups or you can just use regular coffee grounds... it is ready in minutes, no mess, fast, and easy! I am in love!

Love my Keurig too, got it for Christmas and it might be my fav gift this year.  In the a.m. when LO is crying I can get his bottle and my coffee ready in under 5 min. Time is precious these days! Lol
    image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We just got a cusinart, and while we haven't used it long, I am really happy.  Much better coffee than our previous coffee maker (a cheapie black and decker).  
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks so much for all the recommendations! (sorry for the delay)

Augh! You guys are talking me into a Keurig. I really want one, especially since using my Aunt and Uncles at Christmas. 

I'm going to Bed bath and beyond today, I'll look into Keurig and Cuisnart. 

Thanks again!

• Options

imagevaohara:
    I have a cuisinart and I and everyone loves the coffee it makes.

This. I have the one that automatically grinds the beans. It was pricy but worth it! We are huge coffee drinkers! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"