Multiples
Options

7 week olds..

SO my boys will be 7 weeks tomorrow and they almost seem like they want a schedule? It's kinda hard for me to explain. The are spending more time away but I don't know how to implement anytime of schedule, I don't mind them dictating, I'm flexible...maybe schedule is the wrong word. Routine?

This morning I nursed them, then supplemented with a bottle. Then gave them some time on the playmat (stomach and tummy). They were still very fussy so I nursed a little more then rocked them and put them in their cribs. Not sure if I'm doing this right or not. HELP?

Fraternal twin boys born 1/12/12 at 36 weeks
Identical twin girls expected in March! 

Re: 7 week olds..

• Options

We had a schedule from Day 1, starting in the NICU, and that continued when we got home. I'm a huge fan of keeping some sort of routine.

That being said...it was ALWAYS changing as they grew, especially with two!

Of course, they won't stick to it exactly (one may be a little more hungry or tired,etc on one day), but for the most part, we had a little routine down. I was pretty strict about eating every 3 hours, but they weren't that into eating, so they rarely wanted to eat sooner (of course, if they seemed hungry sooner, I would try a bottle). It sounds like you're pretty flexible, so you shouldn't have any problems.

Follow their lead and if you see that they tend to get sleepy/hungry at the same time each day, start encouraging that as naptime, etc. Just be prepared for it to change next month!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I loosely followed EASY with my daughter. Not sure what book this is from. Basically E- eat, A- activity, S- sleep, Y- you. They eat, some kind of activity so mat/ tummy time, etc, ( when they r newborns eating is the activity) they sleep, while they sleep you get things done. I'm sure it's easier with a singleton, but as long as you're flexible I can see it working with twins. I plan and doing this again to some extent. 
    imageimage

After 22 cycles and tube removal our IVF miracle has arrived! Detailed IF and IVF info in bio.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My twins were on a loose routine from day 1 which really didn't change until about 3.5-4 months when they decided they never wanted to nap at the same time. Then around 5 months they started napping again and we are on a loose schedule again. If they want routine, go with it! Just remember it will change again in an instant!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We followed the EASY routine from the beginning (though it took a little time before it really worked out) and at 7.5w I started following some of the basic suggestions from Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child and they worked really well. I followed his cues for how to put them down drowsy but awake and roughly when to schedule naps (they ended up being basically at 9 and 1 with a cat nap around 5:30 and then bed at 8:30) and my boys literally right away fell into a pretty good, consistent nap routine. Might be worth a try!
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"