Parenting
Options

Things to do in Sarasota??

We are going for a week.  We are spending 2 days at Disney.  What else is there to do with kids around there? I am hoping for hot, sunny weather so we beach it everyday, but I want to be prepared just in case!

TIA

Rebecca- mom to 3 kids: DS born 2005, DD born 2007 and DS born 2010.

Re: Things to do in Sarasota??

• Options
    I think there is an aquarium in that area, the one where Winter the dolphin with the prosthetic tail lives.  Also, not sure when your trip is planned, but if it is any time soon, as in within the next 4 weeks, tons of baseball teams have spring training in that area as well.  Have fun!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My family lives in Sarasota.  We usually visit Mote Marine.  Also the best beach is Siesta Key, and there is lots of shopping in St Armands.  Winter the dolphin is in Clearwater, which is farther north.  In Sarasota is also the Ringling Museum, we have never been though.  Sarasota Jungle gardens are supposed to be pretty cool.  Also, head out to the Jetties one day...we found tons of shark teeth along the water's edge.  If you want to travel to the Tampa area, they also have Legoland there
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"