Two Under 2
Options

I feel defeated

After 6wks of being a mom of 2 under 2 you'd think I'd have it figured out a little better.  I don't have any better of a schedule/system down than when I started.  I barely get anything done around the house, my 23mo old gets far too much tv time cause it's the only way I can manage things @ times, and finding time for a shower is impossible.  DH just went out of town for a couple days for work too.  and to top it off DD#2 has had slow weight gain while EBF so I now have to pump & bottle feed & my supply is low so I'm trying to do extra sessions.  ok so I guess this is my pity party.  how do you ladies make it all work?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: I feel defeated

• Options

6 weeks is not very long to have 2u2. It will get easier with time. Dont beat yourself up.

When your 2 year old is eating a meal/snack in her highchair, use that time to get housework done. Wear the baby in a carrier so she is content.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You are still in survival mode.  Try not to be so hard on yourself.  In my mind, with a newborn, the first 6 weeks are "survival"... with 2u2 and a newborn, I think it is at least 2 months.

I worked really hard to try and sync up one nap a day with my kids.  That was my chance to get stuff done around the house - laundry, clean, prep dinner, etc.  And early one, when your younger one doesn't have any schedule, it is okay to have your 2 year old doing something distracting so that you can complete a few tasks.  I promise that you won't ruin your toddler.

You are doing fine.  It does get easier.  And then harder.  And then easier.  It is a roller coaster :).

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Breath and give yourself a break! You are still in the thick of things. For me personally, it took until 12wks when I started having more good days and we weren't fully into waht I call a good schedule until 5 months. That's when DS2 started napping in the afternoons with DS1 and I finally got a break on the days they were both here.

Do what you gotta do to get through. I'm sure my DS1 watched more tv then most but you know what that's what I had to do some days to get through. Heck there are still days that we have movie day in the house. Don't feel bad. My boys are well around even if there was some mickey playing.

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Hang in there! It will get better.

I know how you feel. Really. It took three months to find any rythm at all and even then it was only the first half of the day.

What finally worked for me was staying up after the girls went to bed and cleaning/tidying for one hour and then showering/ me time for the next hour. I knew I could count on DD2 to sleep for at least 2 hours. Then I would nap with them during the day.

Learn to live with a little mess for a little while. I know it might drive you nuts, but its better than running around like a zombie all day. (I'm still a zombie in the morning.)

Dont be afraid to ask for help either. Even if it's from MIL. lol And dont be afraid toget out (without the babies) once and a while either.

I never could get work done with her in the moby...but some people swear by it.   

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"