Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Sleep training help

DS2 has been a terrible sleeper from the start. Help me help him sleep. 

He is FF (EleCare for MSPI), he typically eats about 30 oz during the day. He was STTN until  the 3 month growth spurt. Last night he was up 5 or 6 times. He's not hungry- I just have to rock him back to sleep. I really don't want to sleep train him right now- I think he's still too young. But, I do t know what else to do so that we both can get some sleep. 

Im completely lost as DS1 was a fantastic sleeper. We laid him down drowsy but awake from the start and DS2 will hear nothing about drowsy but awake. We did end up Ferbering DS1 at about 7 months when teething threw a wrench in sleep habits. 

WDYT? Any ideas, advice? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Sleep training help

• Options

Ugh I'm having the same issue here.  Except DS is typically a great nighttime sleeper but now all the sudden he wakes up around 230 and is WIDE awake for about 2 hrs!  I can sometimes rock him to sleep but forget laying him down, eyes pop open immediately.  I'm getting so frustrated! I even feed him and he still won't go back to sleep.  I know I'll probably get flamed for saying this but at this point I'm just counting down the days till we can sleep train (Ferber).  He's still not quite ready maybe next month, we'll see. 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm so sorry that I don't have any advice to offer, but you are right to think it's too young to sleep train.  Most pedi's won't recommend it until 4 months at the EARLIEST...6 months is recommended I believe.

I would continue to try different things (but not all at once!).  My son had a sleep regression after that growth spurt, he ended up needing to continue to be swaddled until a little over 4 months.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the encouragement. I feel like I'm doing everything I can. We swaddle, fan for white noise, I've been using a heating pad to warm the bed before I lay him down (I remove it before laying him down.) I'll keep trying. Tongue Tied

• Options

Both my kids are/were like this. We sleep trained DS (#1) at 4 months and it worked great, just took 2 nights and he was STTN.

With our DD (#2), we tried it at 3 months out of pure exhaustion and frustration (she was up every 1-2 hours for soothing)... we gave it a full week and she still wasn't STTN, so we decided to wait a few weeks. We just started it up again 2 nights ago and it's going pretty well. Fingers crossed!

I would just hang in there and do sleep training right at 4 months... I feel your pain, it's exhausting and frustrating just know that it's temporary and there's an end in sight (or that's what i'm telling myself!)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

My DD has been much later for STTN than her big brother.  Some nights she'll go 5-6hrs and other nights it's 3-4 then she wants to party for 2hrs at 3am.  Last night we started using the waterfall setting on our extra white noise machine and DD slept from 11pm-6:15am.  Also, I've been waking DD up from naps at 2hr mark instead of just letting herself sleep.  I also try to make sure DD gets enough exercise during the day.  Since we're often taking DS to school or running errands, DD is in her carseat  A LOT.  I try to spend some time with her on a blanket doing baby exercises and playing a few times a day.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"