Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Attempt #2 at big boy bed - Success!

Last night was night #2 trying to make the transition to a big kid bed (night #1 was a fail and he ended up sleeping in his crib). He (DS is 3.5) played in his bed and then asked for his crib again. DH and I told him he was a big boy, and that big boys slept in big boy beds. We told him he was going to be sleeping in a big boy bed just like Calliou, and that cribs were for babies. We told him if he slept in his big boy bed all night, he could pick out a big boy present today. He asked for the crib again, but we just repeated this, tucked him in, kissed him goodnight, and walked out. There was no crying (well, on his end, I cried because my little man is growing up, darn pregnancy hormones), and after about 15-20 minutes of playing in his bed, he went to sleep. So glad it went well. I think we caved too early the first night.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Attempt #2 at big boy bed - Success!

• Options
    Glad to hear it was a success. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

That's good news! 

Quick question for you - where did you keep the crib after setting up the bed?  I was mentally thinking we'd take down the crib when we set up the bed, so he wouldn't even have an option to go back to the crib...I wonder if that's too much at once?

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats, its a big step in toddler-hood that's for sure.

DS is in a converted crib-to-toddler bed.  For our family, the second transition attempt was a success too!

photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"