Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Painful miscarriage!

I went in January 27th for an ultrasound and if reviled I was 6 weeks pregnant and was scheduled to come in the next week for follow up and that was when I was told about my missed miscarriage. They couldn't find a heartbeat. I was definitely surprised. I wouldn't say I was depressed. I don't think I had enough time to even realize I was pregnant but my husband definitely comforted any feelings I had. Well it took 3 weeks and some pills after diagnoses for me to begin spotting. First is was a light brown then became dark for about 3 days and then yesterday the dark and bright blood began. I was having terrible menstrual type cramps yesterday evening which was taken care of with one hydrocodone prescribed by my doctor. And today, the worst of all, I started having cramps about 2:00 pm while at work. I was miserable. They have lasted all night, I even took a hydrocodone at 9:00 before bed and it worked for maybe an hour and then the severe cramping and pain started. I was bleeding very heavily and when I would sit on the toilet I would feel faint and dizzy it was very scary.  I then tried laying down with a heating pad which helped for 30 min. After that I was in so much pain I was in tears. And usually I can take pain it was so much worse that any cramps or stomach pain I've felt. So I hoped on the toilet and just pushed. First, I felt a large clot fall out and being so curious I fetched it out with some long sticks. It looked like it could have been my baby but wasnt sure. Then more pain came on and I pushed more and another large clot this time it was definitely the baby and sac. Granted I was only 6 weeks so it wasn't even a fetus. But I knew I passed it. The sac was almost like a small balloon. It was flesh colored with a string like think connecting more tissue which I assumed was the embryo or fetus what have you. But it was just so crazy to see that. I didn't feel any real emotion towards the pregnancy until now I think. That was a real being. It's crazy. Well I just wanted to share my expirence. If you have any questions feel free to ask away!! Sorry tmi hahah

Re: Painful miscarriage!

• Options

Something similiar happened to me. I found out Monday at 10w3d that the baby's heart stopped sometime last week (was measuring 9w4d). I had started to see a brownish tint when I wiped on Saturday night called the doctor on Sunday morning, he told me to come in on Monday and by then I was having a lot more brown spotting and passing tissue that I related to being like the tiny pieces of an eraser after you erase something.

Doctor scheduled my D&C for Tuesday (Yesterday), but by Monday night I had started to bleed fresh blood more heavily and the cramping got stronger and came in waves. At arounf 1130pm, I passed a larger piece of tissue and a second large piece that was flesh color, I thought that might have been the baby so I saved it. Of course at that point, I was hysterical so I took a xanax around midnight and tried to calm down and sleep with the heating pad. At around 4am, I woke up and stood up to go to the bathroom and felt a wooshing feeling, when I sat down, the perfectly intact sac was in my underwear on the pad I had been wearing along with what I really believe was the baby... not the first tissue from earlier in the night. You could actually tell it's basic features like eyes and limbs. It was very traumatic, but comforting in some weird way.

The doctor still had me come in for the d&c yesterday, but after having seen the baby, I am really glad I passed him at home. We are going to bury him (I have started referring to him as a boy only after the miscarriage), and get a small tree for the backyard.

I am at home resting right now and am supposed to go back to work tomorrow. I know logically that the best thing for me is to be busy and have my normal routine back, but the idea of being at work all day is just terrible. I knew I loved this baby when I was still pregnant, but the loss has magnified that times a hundred. I am just beside myself.

He's my fairytale, a dream when I'm not sleeping.

<a href="http://s279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/behapybride/?action=view
  • Options
    So sorry for your loss.  I had a similar experience with a natural miscarriage at 8 weeks that was also very painful.   Try to rest and take all the time you need away from work.  Your health should come first.
    BFP#1 1/24/12 ~ EDD 10/3/12 ~ Natural m/c 2/23/12 8w/3d. Hysteroscopy 4/20/12 - 2 fibroids removed
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am terribly sorry for your loss. You are so brave going through this! Wishing you a very speedy recovery! 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I had a similar experience on Sunday, with contraction-like cramps lasting four hours. It was totally brutal. And, I agree that seeing the sac was difficult.
    Me (25) DH (33) BFP #1 on cycle #4: 2/7/12 - M/C 2/26/12 BFP #2 on cycle #1: 4/3/12 - DD born 12/18/12
  • Options
    I also had a very similar experience at 8 weeks. It's so scary and emotional. I'm so sorry for your loss.

BPF 1. Baby Girl "Petri" 12/22/11 Said goodbye 12/27/11

BPF 2. Baby Boy "Roo" 1/20/12 Heartbeat 160b/m 2/15/12 Said goodbye 2/20/12

BPF 3. Rainbow Baby Boy "Creed"  4/28/12 Born healthy and alive 1/5/13

BFP 4. "Rainbow 2.0" 8/17/14 due 4/28/15

"Darling don't be afraid. I have loved you a thousand years. I love you a thousand more."

imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"