December 2010 Moms
Options

Screaming kids anyone?

DH asked me to bump (I was shocked too lol) you ladies and see if you have any problems with LO shrieking/screaming/yelling whatever for no apparent reason. 

J started doing it this weekend and we have no idea why or where he got it from. I have a feeling he may have picked it up at DC but I am so ready for him to be out of this stage. We went to dinner with some friends tonight and all he did was shriek the whole time and then the whole way home.

Any thoughts? 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.

Re: Screaming kids anyone?

• Options
    Carter started doing this a couple weeks ago. I think he just does it bc he knows he can. Now he squeals very loudly out of the blue.

• Options

C "tests his voice" sometimes, but according to his therapist its a good thing. It apparently helps them learn things about the noises they can make and improves communication development.

I think he just likes hearing himself scream. Haha

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Uh... only constantly. "Testing his voice" is right, I think. Nora has done this off and on since she first discovered the pterodactyl shriek at 6 months-ish.
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageutlawgirl:
    Uh... only constantly. "Testing his voice" is right, I think. Nora has done this off and on since she first discovered the pterodactyl shriek at 6 months-ish.

Pretty much this.  :P 

I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • Options

LO will when he's in a good mood, out of no where.  the first time we were driving home and it scared the living crap out of me, I thought something was wrong, but DS#1 was like, "no mommy, he's smiling" ..super weird....but its cute.  So I do it back when he does it.  H tried to ...he sounds like a dying wildebeast or something.

He does however (the last 2 days) just flip the F out, out of no where.  I think he's just SUPER tired, but then he doesn't want to go to sleep either.  He woke up about 4 times last night.   I feel like crying.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers We're Finally Three

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Cassie has read 1 books toward her goal of 50 books.
    hide
  • Options
    DS is a master shrieker.  He screams REALLY loud...I think just to hear himself scream.  Definitely not a cute stage to be in!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imagechrisncassie:

LO will when he's in a good mood, out of no where.  the first time we were driving home and it scared the living crap out of me, I thought something was wrong, but DS#1 was like, "no mommy, he's smiling" ..super weird....but its cute.  So I do it back when he does it.  H tried to ...he sounds like a dying wildebeast or something.

He does however (the last 2 days) just flip out, out of no where.  I think he's just SUPER tired, but then he doesn't want to go to sleep either.  He woke up about 4 times last night.   I feel like crying.

J does this too. At dinner last night he flipped out for no reason whatsoever. I just don't get it

• Options
    Ari did this for what seemed like forever. He just stopped recently. He was doing it both randomly and to get attention and it drove us insane. We called it the pterodactyl screech because it was that ear-piercing kind of yell.
  • Options
    I just read something that said this is the age where they start doing whatever they can to get your attention. :-)
  • Options

imagejanneann1127:
    I just read something that said this is the age where they start doing whatever they can to get your attention. :-)

Of course it is... lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"