July 2012 Moms
Options

white or dark wood crib?

Hi, I cant decide if I want a white crib and furniture to match or dark wood for the baby?

Any pro/cons to either? (By the way, the nursery is a smaller room)

Thanks!

Re: white or dark wood crib?

• Options

I got dark wood furniture for my DD and it was really nice...BUT once I got pregnant with DS I was super excited that I could finally switch her to the white furniture I wish I would have gotten in the first place.  White furniture is so girly and cute! The dark furniture looks perfect in my DS's nursery I am working on.  If you plan on doing really feminine decorating, then get white!!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

In my opinion, I think it depends on the wall it's going against...meaning is it a dark or light shade?  I personally like white furniture, but it would look washed out next to our light cream walls.  We have no intention of painting since our townhome was built last year.  So we're going with dark espresso, which will provide an awesome contrast. 

With a smaller room, I think it'll be fine to go with dark furniture, as long as you use light-colored fabrics (i.e., bedding, window treatments, rug, etc.).  If you plan to get a glider, maybe consider that being a light shade.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We went with white cause we have a few other pieces of furniture for the room that are white. 
  • Options

i'm leaning towards white b/c we are having a girl duh. 

but srsly b/c we have a very small room and we have an existing dresser i'd like to use that is walnut and would go with white better than another wood color.

i like the potterybarn catalina stuff.  

https://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/catalina-3-in-1-crib/?pkey=bcribs

• Options

I had this same debate...then I found a crib at BabiesRUs that is white and expresso and I fell in love. Its called the Delta Springtime collection and theres a dresser that Im doubling as a changing table that matches. :-)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We're going with white, we have a smaller nursery and the white furniture makes it look roomier. Plus it looks nice with the Precious Planet bedding we purchased.
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options

imagejfresh:
    I love white furniture for kids rooms, thats what we are going with! I think it looks great with any color decor and can really brighten up a room.

Ditto this! Plus our nursery is on the smaller side and I think dark furniture would make it feel tiny.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemeredith1987:

I had this same debate...then I found a crib at BabiesRUs that is white and expresso and I fell in love. Its called the Delta Springtime collection and theres a dresser that Im doubling as a changing table that matches. :-)

We bought this set too.  I think it is very versatile and I am excited to see the room come together with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"