Washington Babies
Options

The versus thread

I'd like to have a spot where we can talk about different brands. So, if you have two or more brands of the same thing, post it here and tell us which one you prefer and why!
Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
Heavens to Murgatroyd Blog
Unofficial Baby Names Sticky Note: New and Old| Local Bumpie Website image

Re: The versus thread

• Options

Nursing Tanks

I did the nursing bra the first time around, but it was only okay. This time, I bought a nursing tank, and I love it. I've tried two brands so far, but I think I'm going to stick with one.

Bravada: heavier duty, exposes whole breast instead of a hole, longer in the torso, exact measurements are required, and the clasp took some getting used to, but now I can easily do it one-handed, tagless back.

Glamour Mom: fit is in clothing sizes (S, M, L etc), lighter fabric, shorter torso, peep hole boob which doesn't line up with my breasts, tags, and despite the sizing, I wish I would have gone up a size, easy to release clasp, but I'm still using two hands to close it. It has elastic plastic sewn in and I'm getting used to the feel.

Winner: Bravada

It's more forgiving with the length and size, and I can sleep in it. I don't have to worry about a hole lining up. It's thicker material, so in the summer I just wore that. 

Married! | July 15, 2005 | It's a Girl! | January 31, 2009 | It's a Girl! | July 21, 2011
  • Options
    Completely agree on bravada! Wish I only bought this brand!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Onsies

Carter - thicker fabric, size is just a wee bit larger then size assigned, minimal shrinkage.

Gerber - thinner fabric, size runs smaller then the size assigned, some shrinkage.

Circo - newborn - 6 months, seems like its thinner fabric, sizing is right on with the size assigned, 6 months - 18 months, thicker fabric and it seems that the sizing runs HUGE. Also, doesn't seem like the best choice when you have a longer torso baby.

Winner: (for me) Carter's

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Baby snacks:

Cheerios:  Round, yummy, good for keeping kids occupied by dumping out on the floor and letting them go to town.

Toastie O's: Same

Winner:  Neither.  They both multiply like cockroaches and will randomly show up regardless of how often or how thoroughly you vaccuum or sweep. 

I agree with pinktulips about Gerber onesies.  They suck.  I do prefer Chico pants, though.  They seem to run slightly bigger and are cheaper than Carters.

Sippy cups:

Take N' Toss:  Cheap, durable, doesn't really matter if you lose one because they're cheap,  not inclined to leak

Tommee Tippee:  A bit more expensive, valves are easily removed for washing, seems to be easier for babies to use than other more expensive sippy cups.

Nuk:  Ok.  Cheaper than TT but more expensive than TnT.  The valves leak like a sieve on most of them and they tend to warp even when in the top rack of the dishwasher.

Winner (by a landslide):  Take N' Toss. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Options

Cotton Pajamas: we do a layer of cotton, then add a layer of fleece PJs in the winter, just cotton in the summer.

Hanna: we have used both 1 piece zip and 2 piece as she has gotten older.  The softest there is and wears wonderful. cons: price, but you can find the one piece cheaper at costco. We had to shift to 2 piece for a while because of the body to leg ratios as she grew made it fit funny, and seemed to be uncomfortable as she slept

Carters: 2 piece, pretty thin, really pills as it wears. super cheap if you hit a sale.

Target: (made by carters) 2 piece, really tight sleeves, but thicker than carters.  They are more thermal like.

Costco: organic 2 piece, neck hole is super tight, sleeves also snug.  seems to be inconsistent in sizing, but thick and pretty soft.

Winner: our go to is Hanna, especially if I find them at costco or the outlet.  I figure she is in them 12 hours a day and they are washed so frequently I want them to last...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thank you for this thread. It is very helpful for 1st time mamas like me. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic EDD: September 22, 2012 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Just say no to Gerber onesies.

That's all I got. ;) 

• Options
    imageJRS72206:

That's all I got. ;) 

No kidding - plus they snap all funky and seem to cut off the circulation on E's chunky thighs!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagedoublem:
    imageJRS72206:

That's all I got. ;) 

No kidding - plus they snap all funky and seem to cut off the circulation on E's chunky thighs!

We had that same problem too. The material they use has no give! 

I also like Children's Place and most GAP onesies, but you'll usually find just prints and not white/plain ones. 

• Options
    Agree in Jammie's but i like osh kosh as well. Much softer than Carters; thicker and pill less. Shop the outlet and the price is good. 
    BIG Brother born 10/19/07 little Brother born 1/31/12
  • Options

imageWatchPot:
    Agree in Jammie's but i like osh kosh as well. Much softer than Carters; thicker and pill less. Shop the outlet and the price is good. 

Never tried them, I never seem to find much if anything there.  Maybe I'm just shopped out by the time I wander in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"