Late Term and Child Loss

I didn't expect this to be part of everything...

Since I delivered so early (19 weeks) I didn't even consider the fact that my breasts would become engorged. Something about this just seems to cruel. I'm already dealing with so much....I didn't think I would have to deal with painful breasts. I hope this subsides quickly. Anybody have any tips on how to relieve some of this pain? TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I didn't expect this to be part of everything...

• I'm sorry, my milk coming in was super painful physically and emotionally.  The best tips I got from my doctor was to put ice on them if they hurt really bad, keep a snug sports bra on until it goes away (even in your sleep,) put cabbage leaves on your breasts, and if you take a shower try to keep the warm water off of your breasts.  I hope it goes away for you soon.  It really does just feel like being kicked when you're down.  Big hugs.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• I just finished getting rid of my milk. I am so sorry you have to go through this. Cabbage worked really well. I put it in a supportive bra then wrapped myself in ace bandage as tight as I could. It sucks to have to go through that when you dont have a baby to give it to. I was very thankful when they went down. I am sorry again. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. {{hugs}}
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagePetunia844:
    I'm sorry, my milk coming in was super painful physically and emotionally.  The best tips I got from my doctor was to put ice on them if they hurt really bad, keep a snug sports bra on until it goes away (even in your sleep,) put cabbage leaves on your breasts, and if you take a shower try to keep the warm water off of your breasts.  I hope it goes away for you soon.  It really does just feel like being kicked when you're down.  Big hugs.

This exactly. I am almost a month out and I am STILL leaking from time to time. The worst part is the first few days, then it will start to subside. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. It is so cruel.  

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
    Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

• (((HUGS)))  I did super cold, (green) cabbage leaves and that worked pretty well.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ? to Loss+M/PL+TTCAL+PgAL+PAL

PgAL/PAL welcome
  • sidenote* make sure to change out the leaves once they wilt.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine just started doing this today. I didn't know that would happen. What a cruel way to remind me that she is gone.

Thanks for the advice ladies. 

image image image
    BFP 10/31/11 EDD 7/15/12 pPROM 2/25/12
    "How very softly you tiptoed into our world. Almost silently; Only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts."
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • ((hugs)). Mine still leak a little, but the pain went away after a couple of days and they became soft again. I read in "empty cradle broken heart" to hang your breasts over a basin of hot water. It allows you to express some of the milk without stimulating any more production. I didn't have any cabbage, so I did that and wore two really tight sports bras at all times and it really helped. 

My angel Avery- 2/16/12, My rainbow Blake= 3/4/13, Joyfully awaiting #3 5/11/15
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Mine came out 5 days after our loss at 22w, they told me to wear tight bras and not to touch my breasts, after 10 days, they were back to normal, it sucks that we have to go through this :-(
  • My milk came in while Aidan was still alive and I was pumping for him. What I did when it was time to stop pumping was using cold cabbage leaves in my bra. Wearing tight sports bras and taking a decongestant like Sudafed to dry me up.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"