Late Term and Child Loss
Options

1st baby encounter = huge fail

I am a little embarrassed. Came out of a 2 hour meeting to find a 2 month old in the building. They were due just a few weeks after my first EDD. They new about both my losses . So can someone tell me why they thought it was a good idea to come to my office and asked me to hold the baby? 

I sat there looking like a deer in the headlights. I couldn't even form words. Somehow, I managed to excuse myself and made it to the bathroom before breaking down. But if course, the bathroom turned out to be like grand central station and everyone came in to witness my breakdown.... Boss included. 

Does this ever get easier??? I was around an 18month old the other day and was perfectly fine. I held her and even played with her. I hate being this way. I know I can't hide from babies and pregnancies, but how do you work on not breaking down?

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

Re: 1st baby encounter = huge fail

• Options
    I wish I had a good answer for you. I had to go to a first birthday party last weekend and it was awful. I just hate coming across as a b!tch, but I still don't want to be around pregnant people or little babies.  It's hard to find people who can relate to that. Sorry you had to go through it. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I don't think they should have asked you to hold the baby, no matter the age. I think it'll take you a long time, if any time at all, that you will be able to handle babies especially ones due when your LO was due. I always feel like I can have 100 other babies but seeing my friend's baby that was due and born same day as Jack will always be hard for me.

Big hugs. I'm sorry you had a tough time. :-( 

TTC since November 2009. DH diagnosed with sperm antibodies. IUI #1 = BFN IUI #2 = BFN On the road to IVF.... Egg Retrieval Jan 21, 2011 16 eggs retrieved Egg transfer Jan 26, 2011 Only 2 viable eggs transferred. 1 IVF, 1 ICSI IVF #1 = BFP :-) 10/3/11 No heart beat at 38 weeks: Our baby Jack became an angel 12/14/11 = natural BFP Rainbow baby Samantha Jacklyn born8/8/12. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think you handled yourself as well as possible.  I'm sure your coworkers meant well (?) but I don't know why they ALL needed to go in and watch/console you... that must have been really hard. Sad

I'm having a little easier time these days because I try to remind myself that I wouldn't want THEIR kid anyway... but I still get triggered when I see a little guy my son's age.  (((hugs)))

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ? to Loss+M/PL+TTCAL+PgAL+PAL

PgAL/PAL welcome
  • Options
    People can truly be so dense. After my last loss, I had friends coming up to me and discussing other people's pregnancies and new babies and I would just sit there speechless. Not that I expect people to censor themselves for me at all times, but to directly engage me in a conversation about healthy, happy babies after I lost my daughter just seems cruel.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • Options
    ((hugs)) I can't believe they asked you to hold the baby. Right after I lost my twins it was tough for me to hold any baby. Now that I'm further out from my losses I can hold a baby, pregnant women are still tough to see (but I think that also has to be because of how long I've been dealing with infertility) and twins forget it, I can't hold or pay any attention to them. I've seen b/g twins at work the same age mine should've been and had to run to the bathroom to cry.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

That must have been hard.  I'm sorry.  For me, I still tear up sometimes.  It's not as much as it used to be.  It seems like time is all that's really made the difference for me.  It's harder for me to be around newborns than older babies, and girls are easier than boys.

Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    imagepb127:

I think you handled yourself as well as possible.  I'm sure your coworkers meant well (?) but I don't know why they ALL needed to go in and watch/console you... that must have been really hard. Sad

I'm having a little easier time these days because I try to remind myself that I wouldn't want THEIR kid anyway... but I still get triggered when I see a little guy my son's age.  (((hugs)))

Luckily, that wasn't their intention.  It turns out that 3pm is a really popular bathroom break.  They just happened to walk in on me.

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
    Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"