July 2012 Moms
Options

PSA: If you're having a girl

Discussion on 2nd tri about baby girls 6mo.+ wearing dresses.  The thought hadn't even crossed my mind because I've only had a boy, but apparently we're not going to want to buy a lot of dresses for mobile (rolling/crawling) baby girls until they start walking-  the dresses get all tangled when they roll and caught under their knees when they try to crawl!  Apparently frustrating for both baby and parents.  Good to know!

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/63823907.aspx

Re: PSA: If you're having a girl

• Options
    Dresses became a major issue with crawling, but not so much rolling.  DD would get to frustrated because her knees would get caught in the dress causing her to fall.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    This was not an issue for my DD and it isn't anything I ever thought about.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That discussion was really interesting! I had never thought about dresses getting in the way while crawling but it makes total sense!

I already bought like 4 cute dresses too and I don't want to return them :( Wahhh!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BFP#1: 11/20/11, EDD 7/25/12, Emily Iris arrived 7/29/12 at 7 lb., 3.5 oz.

BFP#2: 8/25/13, EDD 5/4/14, MMC confirmed on 9/23/13, D&C on 9/26/13

BFP#3: 2/3/14, EDD 10/15/14, fraternal TWINS confirmed 2/21/14, two BOYS confirmed on 4/15/14!

• Options

Just read it and never thought about it getting in the way of crawling, but good to know!

Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Haha.  The day my sister learned to crawl, she was in a dress, and figured out how to do it around the dress.... one knee on the ground and one foot on the ground!
  • Options
    I can see why the dresses may be an issue...but I remember DD wearing dresses at that stage and having no issues.  I guess it depends on the baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for posting this. I found it interesting. Never knew about it! I think I will err on the safe side and not buy too many dresses for that stage. It will be winter anyway for most of that time.
    Shana
    Baby girl born July 6th 2012 at 40w2d
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"